Meeting Jonathon 5

Gavin grabbed a cab for a few blocks to get lost and out of city limits. Then he found a crowd. This street was notorious for street performances; he switched jackets stealing one off a bike. The owner wouldn’t mind being switched to leather.

‘Hey man!’ A chic said, he handed her a bill..

‘Never mind.’ She stood grinning, Gavin disappeared into the crowd, making sure no one followed him as he jumped onto a bus.

            The bus finally stopped when he pulled the cord at a random place on the highway. There were only trees on either side of the road. Now he didn’t have any money and the bus driver was holding out his hand. He took off his jacket and gave it to him.

The driver raised his brows, ‘I didn’t kill you did I?’ Gavin said and jumped off.

            The bus sped off and people stared at him through the small windows.

‘Somewhere around here…Hello?’

He called through the woods, ‘Hello?’

‘Who’s there?’

A man yelled, ‘Me!’

‘Well come on then.’ He was led down a familiar path to his small base.

‘Good to be back Jonathon.’

Emilee was traveling with a tour bus through the busy city. She really liked the city and thought about moving there a few years ago. Her friends had moved there last week and now she was taking a break from unpacking. She had met a nice man in the hall Thursday when she was bringing a box up.      

            Of course her friends had to move to the top floor of the apartment building. She was coming up the stairs when she started to loose her balance. Emilee leaned forward to counteract but that didn’t help, it made it worse.

            She heard footsteps up behind her and held her up, her nerves were tingling. He took the too large box from her and rested it at the top of the stairs, while helping her up them.

‘Are you ok?’

She sat down, ‘Im ok now, goodness that could have been bad.’

‘Take a break for a second, where was this going?’

‘Actually just there to 505.’

‘Did you just move in?’

‘No, my friends did, im just helping them unpack and have a vacation.’

‘You shouldn’t work on a vacation.’ He said.

            She started to stand, ‘oh im Emilee by the way.’

‘Oh, im Jonathon’ he held out his hand, her hands nerves tingled.

‘Anyway, I feel much better now.’ She said embarrassed, ‘So, 505?’

She nodded and he followed her into the apartment with the box. ‘Nice place, where do you want this?’ he said.

            ‘Well, hey Roberto?’

He came into the living room, ‘where do you want this?’

‘Here I’ll take that thanks.’

‘Roberto this is your neighbor Jonathon and this is Robert.’

‘Hi, what floor do you live on?’

‘Second’ he coughed.

            ‘Hey do you want something to drink?’ Emilee asked.

‘No im fine I just need to get back to my apartment.’

‘Oh, ok well thanks for helping me.’

He left hurriedly, shutting the door behind him. Emilee stared at where he had been standing, ‘Emi?’ She blinked.

‘What?’

‘Nothing’ Robert cut the box open. Jessie came in, ‘what was all that about?’

‘Oh you mean the man that, rescued Emi?’

            ‘He helped me carry the box because I almost fell back down all those stupid stairs.’

‘Well he was nice looking.’ Jess said.

‘Hey,what about me?’ Robert put his hands down on the table.

‘Just because we are married doesn’t mean I stop having opinions.’

He huffed and brought her another box.  ‘Only a few more, Robert it’s your turn to go down,’

‘ok, ok I’ll go. Come on Emilee just one more box and you’re done for the day.’ She smiled.

‘Ok lets go’ she said pretending to be dragging.

Emilee picked the smallest box per Jessie’s instructions and then stood back up. Of course, parked next to their car was a sweet motorcycle that Jonathon just happened to get on. His black motorcycle with chromed out handlebars, didn’t shine as much as it could. His leather jacket looked worn and comfortable, having seen many days. He put on his helmet and it was scratched and dented.

            She looked out through the back window and as he waved them good bye. ‘Yep,’ Roger said aloud.

‘What?’ She demanded, ‘nothing.’

‘His bike is nice.’ She had to say something. She took her box upstairs and told Jess all about it.