Chapter - 32 (unedited)

Damien could still taste the sweetness of her blood. Could feel it trickling down his throat and then entering his blood stream, making his whole body feel hot and his heart pumping crazily. He didn't drink too much, just a few drops have entered his mouth before he realized what he has done, and he has pulled back before anything else could have happened. He was not a vampire, doesn't even know if he was even human anymore but the taste of her blood felt heavenly. After the blue moon, it became so hard for him to shift because his beast was dormant but a single drop of her blood has woken him up from his slumber and he has taken control of his human form, which has never happened before.

He has pushed away from her and jumped out of the window. The war within him enraged as soon as his feet touched the ground. His beast wanted to go back to her and finish off what he has started but Damien wanted to get as far away from her as he can. He dropped to the ground when he managed to set a foot inside the forest. His body ached and his bones cracked. His nails elongated and his canines protruded, puncturing his lower lip. He laid there breathing heavily waiting for the shift to be over but nothing happened any further. His beast was pushing his way out, but couldn't fully do it as he still wasn't fully awake and Damien was fighting for the control making it hard for him. Damien, stood up on his shaking legs and took a few unsteady steps into the forest, adding more distance between Cherryl and himself. Realizing this his beast turned even more aggressive but Damien kept on walking. His beast slashed at his skin, clawing his chest and his arms but Damien didn't stop, he increased his pace. He would rather die than have Cherryl suffer the same fate as him.

His muscles were sore from exertion and there were claw marks all over his body by the time he reached his castle. He pushed the double doors open making them bang against the walls, the sound echoed in the silence.

"Damien!" Samuel ran to garb him as his legs threatened to give up.

Samuel hoisted his body up, wrapping an arm around his waist as Damien put his arm around his shoulder. A layer of perspiration covered his body along with the fresh blood dripping from his wounds. His body convulsed again and he clenched his teeth, holding back his painful screams.

"Hang in there. It will be over soon." Samuel said in a neutral voice as he hauled his body up the stairs to his room.

Damien lost control for a second as his beast dug his claws into Samuel's arm.

"Damn it!" Samuel hissed in pain and tightened his hold on him as he dragged his body further down the hall. He wasn't taking him to his room but to the dungeons.

He must have passed out from the exhaustion after that, his body jerked awake when he heard a click. He glared at Samuel as he stood up and slid the key into his pocket.

"What are you doing?!" Damien said through clenched teeth as he struggled against the silver chains restraining his body.

"You know, I am doing this for your own good right? You are not stable. You have to stay in here till you calm down." Samuel stepped towards the door, cradling his injured arm.

Damien's beast didn't like his tone and he snapped at him but he was far away from his reach.

"You know why you are like this right?" Samuel said staring hard at him as he shut the door behind him.

"You bit her, didn't you?" He asked glaring down at him but instead of answering his beast growled at him and pushed hard against the restrains.

"Look at yourself! You have completed the second step of the marking, that's why you are suffering like this! I thought you were smarter than this, but no! You have to stop Damien! You are not completing the marking, I won't let you!" Samuel's words held a threat which angered Damien even more.