Chapter - 27

Chapter=27

(Unedited)

A single drop of water was all it took to wake Cherryl up from her peaceful sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and stared at her surroundings. Her body was laying half on Damien's with her head resting in the crook of his arm. He has shifted them so that Cherryl could sleep comfortably. Her heart felt warm all over as she shifted her head and stared at the man who cared so much about her safety and comfort.

'Yes, she was definitely in love with Damien Richards.'

The thought made her smile. She lifted her hand up, slowly to his face but stopped just a breath away from touching his skin. As if sensing her intentions Damien opened his eyes and settled his gaze on her face. His eyes then shifted to her hand hovering over his face and then moved back to her face again. Cherryl licked her dry lips feeling self-conscious all of a sudden. She swallowed the dry lump in her throat and retrieved her hand but before she could have moved her hand even an inch he grabbed it. She looked at him, unsure about what to do. Damien held her eyes as he flattened her hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes and sighed. She stared at Damien in wonder and amazement. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest and before she could have stopped herself she bent down.

Damien's eyes flew open as Cherryl's lips grazed his cheek.

Their private bubble shattered into pieces when the door to the dungeons opened and slammed against the wall. Startled by the noise they both sat up. Cherryl tried to remove her hand from Damien's grasp as they heard the footsteps coming towards them but he held her hand tightly in his.

Finally, the person who interrupted their perfect movement stepped into their sight. Cherryl's eyes widened slightly as Samuel's face came into her view.

Samuel tried hard not to show the furry building like a typhoon in the pit of his stomach when he discovered Damien in Cherryl's embrace. He wanted to tear them apart and rip the whole place into nothingness. He was thinking that after discovering Damien's true nature on the blue moon night Cherryl would finally run away but there she was, cuddling with him. He observed Damien closely and realized that there was no splattered blood on his body. Which was a proof enough that he didn't leave the dungeons and gave in to the true nature of his beast; he didn't kill anyone, which was the first time in the centuries. His anger sky rocketed, if that was possible.

Damien cleared his throat breaking Samuel from whatever daze he was in.

"What brings you here?" Damien asked in a gruff voice as he stood up, making Cherryl stand up with him, who was busy staring at the ground.

Not trusting his voice, Samuel fished out the keys from his pocket. Damien took the keys from him and started removing his restraints. Jingling of the chains was the only sound surrounding them for the next few seconds. After finishing opening all the locks and throwing the chains aside, Damien rubbed his wrists feeling a new sense of freedom.

"I want to talk to you." Samuel said in a trained voice, staring pointedly at Damien.

"Go ahead, I am listening." Damien said as he shifted his gaze from his bruised skin to Samuels glaring eyes.

"Alone." Samuel couldn't make it clearer to the girl that her presence was unwanted.

"You can say whatever you want in front of her." Damien narrowed his eyes at his old acquaintance.

Sensing that an argument was about to start Cherryl lightly touched Damien's arm, turning his attention towards her.

"I'll just go and prepare some breakfast." She said in a nervous voice, suddenly wanting to be a part of the conversation.