Chapter - 24

I am very sorry for the long wait. I would try to upload the next chapter soon but I can't make any promises. So, enjoy this chapter for now. Lots of hugs and kisses.

-dreamer37 (Shine Hope)

Editted by Nyxtinker(tinkhotti)

Chapter = 24

Damien’s eyes fluttered open as he stretched his body. He groaned and turned onto his side, his eyes focusing on the girl sleeping next to him. Her back was facing him and her hair was sprawled over the pillow like a spalttered black ink on a white canvas. Damien sighed and lifted his hand, capturing a few strands of her hair in his hand as his fingers praised the softness and the silkiness of it. Unintentionally he lifted the strands to his nose and inhaled deeply. The faint flowery sweet fragrance warmed him to his core.

He let her hair slip through his fingers and focused his eyes on the sleeping form of the owner. He propped up on his elbow and stared at the back of her head. His eyes trailed down to her covered shoulder where the symbol of the bond she shared with his beast rested. His fingers itched to pull her t-shirt down and see the inked mark with his own eyes.

Damien heard her sigh as she shifted on her side and faced him. He tilted his head a little and observed her closely. Her long eye lashes, her straight nose, her slightly pouted lips and her creamy white skin. He was suddenly seeing her in a new light and she looked so beautiful and breathtaking. Something in his chest shifted and his pulse quickened. He took in a shaky breathe and let it out. Suddenly her features shifted and she frowned in her sleep. Her forehead creased and she sighed again.

He looked at her closely and lifted his hand. He lightly touched her forehead, her skin smoothed out under his touch and she stopped frowning. He dropped his hand back slowly as Cherryl opened her eyes. Damien was sure that she would feel uncomfortable with the way he was staring at her and would jump out of the bed but none of that happened. She blinked her eyes lazily a few times and then directed her eyes to his face, and stared back at him.

"Bad dream?" He asked without moving his eyes from her face.

"No… Just a weird one." Her voice was soft and husky.

‘I hope it didn’t involve me...’ He wanted to say but didn’t have the courage to.

‘You were there...’ She thought but didn’t have the courage to say it to his face.

‘Because if I was there and the way you frowned then it would mean that you weren’t pleased to have me in your dreams as well.’ He felt a slight twinge in his chest.

‘Yes, I wasn’t pleased. Even so… come in my dreams…

Today…

Tomorrow….

Day after tomorrow…every day…’ She wanted to tell him that but suppressed the urge as saying it out aloud would make her words seem more real.

They didn’t break their stare not even for a minute, wondering what the other was thinking.

Damien was the first one to look away and it was only because his heightened senses picked up the sound of the footsteps approaching towards the room. He sighed and pushed the covers aside. He stood up from the bed and opened the door before the person on the other side could have knocked.