Chapter = 23

Ok… so first of all I just want to say. Please don’t kill me..!! I am really very sorry for the delay. Please don’t be mad. I love you all so very much so to bribe you all I made the chapter longer.

Read and enjoy.

And don’t forget to leave a comment.

-dreamer37 (shine hope)

Chapter = 23 (UNEDITED)

‘A body of a girl in her early twenties was found last night. Two college students went for camping in the forest and discovered the body at the side of a stream where they were setting their tents. The site of the murder is gruesome as you all can see there is blood everywhere.

Though the students reported that they spotted a strange creature wandering in the forest, the police are refusing to say anything till the postmortem procedure is complete.

Now on to the weather report, today there are very high chances of a thunderstorm at night……’

Mrs. Liza Carter turned off the television with heaviness in her chest. Her body was numb to the core and her eyes welled up with unshed tears. There was no news of her missing daughter till now and a serial killer was on the loose. Setting her coffee cup on the table she stood up and grabbed her purse.

‘I have to find my daughter…’ With a new determination and the fear of the unknown she walked out.

Her hands shook when she pressed the key into the ignition of her car. As soon as her car was out of the garage she headed towards the police station.

‘I would do anything it takes…to bring my daughter back…’ The tear that escaped her eye, she wiped it furiously and pressed on the accelerator.

Cherryl sighed in relief when Damien stood up from his chair and headed towards the door. The sound of the door shutting was like music to her ears. The uncomfortable and awkward feelings which thicken the air whenever he was around accompanied him outside. Only a few seconds passed when a feeling of loneliness settled in her heart.

To distract her mind she helped Mrs. Faulkner in the kitchen. When an hour went by her eyes would wander to the main door after every few seconds. She was being so obvious that Mrs. Faulkner caught her without any effort. She gave her a knowing smile making her blush without any reason and turned back to her work. After there was nothing left to do in the kitchen they enjoyed a cup of coffee and then Mrs. Faulkner went out as well saying she was going to visit a friend.

Cherryl was left alone standing in the middle of the enormous living room. She sighed and looked at the clock. It was only two in the afternoon and she had no idea when they will be coming back home. Since she had already seen the most of the house so there was nothing much to do for her at the name of house exploration. The rooms which were unlocked she has seen them already and all the other rooms were locked. Moreover she had no intention to go and look for the keys as she was not curious at all to see the interior of the rooms. She knew they would as big and as expensively decorated as the room she was staying in.

She made her way upstairs and headed in the direction of the room she was staying in. She walked in and grabbed some book from the bedside table. She flopped down on the bed with the book in her hands. She opened the book with a determination to read it but a wonderful scent lingering in the room kept on distracting her. She opened the windows to get rid of the scent but it didn’t help at all. Bed sheets, pillows and even her own clothes and skin were emanating the same scent. She groaned in frustration and closed the book.