Chapter 8

~Chapter 8~

"Zack," I screeched loudly, clutching my red high heel tightly in my hand. "I swear to god I'll stab your eyes out with this thing. Give it back right now!"

His maniacal laughs echoed through my apartment as I ran around in a frenzy, trying to locate my idiot of a brother. How were we even related?

"You better find me quickly, Harps, or I'm going to post that photo," he taunted but in doing so he revealed his location and I managed to workout where he was hiding. This one really was lacking in brain cells.

When I finally found him, his back was facing me so I lunged at him, pulling him to the ground by his shoulders. We both fell to the ground with a loud 'thud' but I didn't let that distract me, not wasting a second in wrestling my phone from his hands. After a few minutes of struggle on both ends, I managed to snatch my phone from his grasp, standing up with a victorious cheer.

"Ouch, Harps, that really hurt," Zack complained as he got up, rubbing his back in pain.

I stuck my tongue out childishly, deleting the mugshot of me that Zack was about to post on my instagram for my millions of followers to see. "Your fault," I said, uncaringly. "You shouldn't have tried to embarrass me online."

"But that's what big brothers are for," he tried to reason as I plopped down onto the sofa. Zack sat down too, leaning his head against the armrest, sighing dramatically as he did.

"Does that mean little sisters are supposed to expose their brother's new girlfriend to their parents?" I questioned much too innocently.

He bolted upright, eyeing me uneasily. "What makes you think I've got a girlfriend?"

"It was only an assumption because you've not tried it on with a single girl in the last two weeks. Not even on your birthday last night. But you just proved me right by getting all nervous so thanks," I said in an overly cheerful voice to piss him off.

He groaned, bashing his head into the arm of the sofa. "Urgh. Forgot you were so observant... but you won't tell mum and dad, will you?"

"Why would I do that? I never talk to mum unless I have to and I know you wouldn't want dad to know."

He sighed in relief, turning his head to face me. "Thanks, Harps. It's just, you know how they were when Wyatt started dating Aurora. I swear, they conducted this whole background investigation to see if she was good enough."

I laughed, patting him on the head. "Yeah, they're crazy but you know dad means well. So, tell me, who's the unlucky girl?"

Zack rolled his eyes, hitting me on the arm playfully. "We're still new, Harps, but I like her a lot. I'll introduce you the next time you come home."

"You sneaky bastard. This is your way of making me visit, isn't it?"

"Maybe."

"Well played, Zack. Well played," I muttered under my breath, watching my brother in amusement as he pretended to be oblivious to what he just did. Okay, maybe he wasn't brainless after all.

~*~*~

"Congrats on the magazine cover," I complimented Axel over brunch the next day.

Zack, Naeem and Jacob wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty today but since Axel saw it last time he visited he decided to stay behind with me for the day. "Thanks," he grinned, taking a bite of his pancakes.

"They really do love portraying you as a 'bad boy', don't they?" I commented, having a sip of my coffee.

He shrugged. "I guess I've just got that look. You know, with the black hair, tattoos and all."