Chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

My head was pounding when I woke up the next morning, sunlight streaming in through my drawn curtains. I must've forgotten to close them last night.

I had work today and let's just say I was less than pleased about it but it had to be done so I groggily pulled off my sheets and got ready for the long day ahead.

After a quick shower, I pulled on some comfy leggings and a white flowing top. I grabbed a cereal bar before slipping on my Toms and heading out the door, making my way to the cafe next to my apartment complex for a much needed coffee.

The sun was shining high in the sky despite it only being eight in the morning — I guess that was summer weather for you — so I fished around in my handbag for my pair of Ray Bans, quickly sliding them up my nose to block the harsh glare of the morning sun.

I also pulled out a sun hat to hopefully stop people noticing me and figuring out who I was. I was honestly just not in the mood to deal with people today.

After grabbing my coffee, I decided to walk to work because the traffic was absolutely atrocious so I'd get there much faster on foot.

The great thing about New York was that everyone was much too busy to pay attention to anyone else, all completely absorbed in their own lives. So, by keeping my head down, I managed to make it to work without anyone recognising me, blending in with the throngs of people rushing to get to wherever on time.

I pulled off my hat and glasses once I made it inside, not needing to show the receptionist my ID before wandering over to my temporary dressing room. I was doing a massive shoot for Winter's brand new collection all week so they'd given me my own room. Normally, I was jumping from studio to studio all over the world so I'd never needed a proper dressing room anywhere for more than a month.

Maddison was my photographer all week and today was the first day of Winter's shoot so she'd be here too and I couldn't tell you how relieved I was to just have my friends around me. Work could get so stressful and people always seemed to be two faced in this industry so I was glad I'd have a somewhat peaceful week for once.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my job and all the opportunities it had given me but sometimes it all got a little too much to handle and I just needed a breather to calm down and relax. I doubted anyone could ever get fully accustomed to this type of lifestyle, it was just so draining.

The day ran like clockwork, everything happening smoothly and perfectly.

I only had to work until three-thirty today which was great, especially considering just how tired I was but my victory was short lived. Just as I was packing up the last of my things, I got a text from my agent reminding me that I had an interview scheduled for four o'clock, there went my evening.

Luckily, since we knew about this photo shoot well in advanced, the interview was booked to take place here in one of the private rooms so I didn't have to go sprinting to somewhere on the other side of the city.

I checked myself in the mirror, ensuring not a hair was out of place from the ballerina bun on the top of my head, each of my auburn locks accounted for. One of the makeup artists touched up my face so everything looked pristine once again and when we were both happy that I looked perfect, I made my way to the interview room, ready to get this all over with.

The lady interviewing me looked to be in her mid thirties, her sleek blonde hair styled immaculately into a neat bob. She wore too much makeup for my liking but I couldn't really be one to judge considering that I was usually caked in the stuff as well even if it wasn't by choice.