Chapter 9

Here is chapter 9! just 1 chapter left! :'( it was so much fun righting this book! sorry i had to change it into a short story..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“How is this going to work out Gabriele?”

“What do you mean?” He asked while tossing bacon into the frying pan. It has been a week and I still managed to avoid the topic in fear of what he would say.

“I mean us…”

“Us? What about us?” He clearly did not remember that I was only a transfer student for the summer. A week from now I would be leaving back for America to live the rest of my life. Was this really just a summer romance? One that I will forget in a few months after I finally cry myself dry or will this actually mean something to both of us? I would hope it would mean something to him…

“Gabriele I leave in a week.” I dropped my head onto the table. These past few weeks I have had so much drama it was unbelievable.

The only thing I could here was the sizzling of the bacon in the pan. Gabriele must have been lost in thought or something. “I love you Adriana,” he said.

My heart stopped and my world slowed down as I processed what he just said. I lifted my head and stared at him as he stared back at me. I got up from my seat and walked over to him, pulling his headed down and pressed my lips against his. It was hot and passionate, yet it was a slow kiss at the start. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him, molding our bodies together like it was meant to be like that.

“I love you too,” I mumbled through our kisses as I tangled my fingers through is hair.

Eventually we broke apart for a breath; of course we had to against our will. “We will make it work bella. I promise…” He said, running his hands up and down my arms.

“How do you know it will work?” I asked. I had to know this; I don’t want this to be a horrible relationship. “You live here in Italy, I live in America Gabriele. What kind of relationship would it be if we never got to see each other?” Tears were starting to fall down my face and I could taste the saltiness that came from them hit my lips.

“Adriana, I love you. If I have to fly all the way to America just to see you I will. This relationship just began and I plan to be in it for a long long time.” He wiped the tears from my cheek as his eyes never lost contact with mine. “For now let’s make the best of what we have left of this week shall we?”

I smiled and hugged him. “Oh and I think your bacon is burning,” I whispered into his ear.

He gasped and ran over to the pan, cursing a few words in Italian. “Well there goes our bacon…”

I couldn’t help but laugh, clutching my sides in pain from it. Gabriele began to walk towards me with an playful glare on his face, “Oh so you find that funny huh?” Grabbing me by my waste he threw me over his shoulder and began to walk towards the front door.

“What are you going to do? Kick me out of the house?” I asked, smacking his but a few times as he continued to walk outside. Moments later I found myself being switched from over the shoulder to bridal style in less than a few seconds. I looked around and noticed we were standing on the shore of the lake. I dropped my mouth in surprise and looked up at Gabriele, “Don’t you dar-“

I never got to finish before I was tossed into the lake. Squealing like the girl I am I hit the water with a loud smack and soon resurfaced. Laugher filled the air as I glared at Gabriele who was lying on the floor, laughing his butt off.

Getting out of the water I went up to him and lay on top of him, getting him wet too. “Oh come on!” He complained, trying to get me off of him but failed every time.  This was going to be a good week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think!(: Next chapter is the last chapter sadly!