Chapter 5

Sorry for the long wait! As you know i had to switch this story to Short Story so the chapters are going to be much shorter. And by that i really mean much shorter, BUT  i will try to fit as much detail as i can in! SORRY MY WONDERFUL FANS BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE! Dont hate me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the classroom the next day and felt all happy inside. Setting my books down, I straightened my shirt out and leaned back in my chair. Tapping my foot along with a song that was in my head I continued to wait.

I heard the door giggle and my heart skipped a beat; man was I so ready to see Marco. The door flung open and there stood Gabriele with his signature smirk. “Hey there Adriana.”

“Hi,” I replied sounding slightly bored. He was definitely not the person I want to see at this very moment. For some reason Marco was running later than usual…

“Guess what.” He sneered, walking further into the room closing the door behind him. Walking up to me he sat down at the desk in front of me.

“What Gabriele…” I had a strange feeling about this; I don’t think I am going to like it either. I tried to further myself away from him which then caused my chair to squeal against the floor as I backed it up. I winced at the noise it made and stopped.

“I am your teacher for the day!” He pretended to be excited and clapped his hands. “Marco called in sick this morning something about throwing up. Oh you know being sick is never good.” The smirk reappeared on his face.

“Somehow I have a feeling you did this…”

He gasped then leaned back in the chair mimicking my actions. “I did not, why do you always believe I am the bad guy?”

“Because you are…” I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

Hurt flashed in his eyes but was quickly covered up. “Anyways let’s talk about family today.”

I glanced up at him and then a pain went through my chest. My father’s disapproving look appeared in my head. Then my brothers waving good bye did, and then last but not least a picture of my mother smiling at the camera with her hand over her belly and my brothers and father sitting next to her.

“What does your mother do for a living?”

I was snapped out of my thoughts by that and I glared at him. “She doesn’t work…”

He seemed a little surprised by this but continued anyways, “Why is that?”

“She is dead. Before you get any further I am going to go ahead and give you my life story and spare time. My mother died while giving birth to me, I get disapproving looks from my father like he is blaming me for the whole accident, and then I have two brothers. If it doesn’t help I have to work to keep my dad’s approval and my brothers are constant reminders that I will never ever get to see my mother while they still had a chance to get to know her at least.” I stood up from my seat, tears threating to spill over.  “Well there you go we have talked about my family. Now if you excuse me I have to go…”

I left the room without waiting for him to say something. All those horrible thoughts came rushing back into my head as I ran down the hallway. The echoing of my shoes against the floor indicated to all the teachers that I was out of class but that was something I didn’t care about.

I rammed through the door that lead out to the apartments. At full speed I ran past all the houses and into the backyard of my current apartment. Thank goodness it was fenced in and had the biggest backyard I have ever seen. The fence stretched all the way over to the lake that was private property of Gabriele’s as I am told.

I ran down to the shore of the lake and sat down. I began to sob, not caring if anyone heard. How could he be so cruel enough to even bring up a sensitive subject around me? All my head was screaming at me was he didn’t know, he didn’t know! Though I knew he probably didn’t that still didn’t help the fact.

My head was pounding and soon I cried up all my tears. Nothing was left to come out and all I could do was watch the sunset, while sniffling. I knew my eyes were red and puffy and I felt drowsy from all the crying.

The gate scraped open and I turned to see Gabriele making his way towards me. “What do you want?” I asked coldly.

There was no reply.

“Gabriele I said what do you want!?” I snapped.

Still no reply.

Turning to see if he was still standing there I came face to face with his. I gasped and jumped back a little, shocked at how close he was. Before I could even say anything else he grabbed my face between his hands and slammed his lips against mine.

I didn’t kiss him back for a moment but then it was like I wasn’t controlling my body as I began to kiss him back. Slowly our lips moved in sync as we sat there making out in our backyard. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laced my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to me.

We both pulled back and just sat there staring into each other’s eyes. Gabriele looked sad and the words that came out of his mouth surprised me.

“I am so sorry.”