Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry guys!!!! I have been lacking in updates for a LONG time!!! School stress and drama and the usual stuff! Sorry again! I will try to post sooner next time. But I gave the story a lot of suspense making you wait, so I hope the wait is worth it!!!

I had to get away from him now before I did something I'll regret. I staggered back further, forcing my eyes to look anywhere but at him. I could not stand to see he was speaking truthfully. My leg slammed into the bedside table, it wobbled violently and withered flower petals and muddy water spilled from the mug. I fell hard to the floor. Hitting the corner of the bed with a nasty thud on the way down. My mind reeling, I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the pain and the frantic beating of my heart.

Adam was there in half a heartbeat grabbing me softly by the waist and putting me down in his lap. He stroked my hair and told me "Everything is going to be okay, my sweet."

His voice had regained some of it's warmth and usual vibrance. I peeked up at him through my lashes. In recent days the twinkling inhis eyes had faded. But now they were as brilliant as ever. I sagged into his arms. I was broken. I could no longer ignore the gravitational pull I had toward him. I loved him and there was nothing that could change that. Especially now that he had confessed his love for me.

That's when it dawned on me. In that marvellous room with the 4 poster bed. He was drunk, but he was also full of love for me. I snuggled into him and soundlessly cried into his shoulder. I had made a horrible mistake. Adam did love me drunl or sober.

It didn't take Adam long to know I was crying. He lifted my chin and sweetly and briefly kissed my tearstained lips. He pulled away and wiped my tears with his strong thumb. I clutched his hand and put it over my heart. I was his and I always would be. I smiled weakly at him.

"Shhh your safe with me, pet." He whispered into my hair. Adam checked my leg and back for any serious problems from hitting the bedside table and bed. "It's alright, my angel, you will have a few bruises and minor cuts but that's all."

We sat silently for a while.

"Fury," I muttered.

"Hmmm" Adam said lazily.

:Fury," I said louder. Adam cocked his head to the side staring at me. "Fury can't find us, together, or she will kill us both," I cried frantically.

"Love, Fury is staying the next couple of days with her father's best friend and his family."

I relaxed again, I had one less thing to worry about. "Good," I said.

"Darling, I couldn't care less if Fury saw us. Did you not believe me when I said that?" His jaw was clenched.

"I just didn't want you to get hurt because of me," I whined quietly into to his neck. He was very comforting, just holding me. I breathed in deeply trying to memorize Adam's essence he smelled like roses and something that was purely male and raw power.

"Oh, love." He purred stroking my cheek with the back of his fingertips. Adam cradled me like a child, then put me down lightly on the balls of my feet. "Go get changed into something comfortable, my love."

I shook slightly as I asked. "You won't leave me will you?"

His lips brushed my ear as he murmured fiercely and with determination. " I will never leave you again. We love aeach other and nothing can seperate us."

My knees felt weak . I smiled lovingly at him and went off to the bathroom to get changed. When I emerged Adam was sitting on the edge of the bed, He turned when he heard me enter. His eyes flashed and went silver agains, as he looked me up and down with fiery want. I glanced down at myself and figured out why. I was wearing only a V-neck camisole and plaid booty shorts. My bare feet padded lightly across the floor to Adam and I straddled his waist while nuzzling my nose into the crook of his neck. He moaned and trailed kisses down my jaw to my collarbone. Adam encased me against his hard, lithe body. He leaned back carefully down onto the pillows. I snuggled up closer to him.

"Are you cold?" Adam asked wagging his eyebrows suggestively, a mischevious glint in his eyes. I giggled and thumped his chest while I rolled my eyes. "Fine but you can't resist this amazing bod for long." As if to prove his point he pulled off his shirt and sent me a flirty wink as he dragged me back to him. At that point I was glad I was laying down at that moment because of the new, sexy and arrogant side of Adam. I could feel the blood creep up to my face. He flashed me an alluring 1000-watt smile. Adam had so many different sides. Shy, gentleman, posessive, protecting, and hundreds more than I had only seen glimpses of. But this new Adam was by far my favourite. He was outgoing and unashamed when he was like this and I loved that it was all for me.

Did you like it??? Pleeeease, please with a cherry on top fan, comment, vote!!! I need some more inspiration to finish this story, and only my amazing fans can give me that! WARNING: There is only about 6 chapters left of this book. There will be a 3rd book in this series, but I'm not sure when I'll have it started for you, because I am going to start a new book when TDIM is over!!!!! It's most definitley for the romance lovers out there. So tell your friends, and fans about it!!!!