Chapter 1

A/N: Hope you guys liked the beginning to my sequel. But enough talk until the end, let's here more about the new half-demon, Adam! Enjoy!!!

He was standing casually, clearly not at all disturbed by Fury's appearance. Obviously he was the other halfie. He was using his right thumb as a bookmark for "Romeo and Juliet". His hair was long-ish, curled at the tips, honey-blonde colour. His pale blue-gray eyes were so deep, you would have thought they were as endless as space, and they twinkled like stars in a cloudless night sky. He blinked and his irises were sliver, his pupils dilated. His eyes were now as dazzling as a solar eclipse, a thin line of silver lining the black. His features were pointed like Fury's, but I could still see the bulging muscles under his plain black T-shirt. He was also wearing tight, faded blue jeans. He was extremely handsome. No matter how hard I tried, all I could think was he was the most attractive guy I've ever seen. He looked us up and down. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand swiftly, and kissed it so briefly it felt like a soft, warm breeze passed over it. My hand instantly became covered in goosebumps. My face felt hot, I was blushing like mad. He shot me a stunning smile to apologize for the embarassment he caused. He attempted to make a grab ath Fury's hand. He missed because, Fury had moved away to take out a cigarette and began puffing away, while in the ohter had she offered him a cigar. When he shook his head, she pouted and concealed the cigar again. "Fury, I assume." Adam said in a deep, sexy, husky voice. Clearly he was expecting this visit. "And who, may I ask, are you?" He looked at me encouragingly. "A friend, she is of no concern to you, Adam." He nodded curtly, he seemed only slightly bothered by Fury's interruption. Adam acted as if he was quite used to this behaviour. "A shame. She appears to be very interesting." I blushed again. "Now why is it you have come to Chicago to talk to me?" He asked. And so Fury was the bringer of bad news, it was time for Adam to know the sad fate of the other halfies.

                                                                                     ~

Adam was already aware that he and Fury were the only half-demons left. He found it pointless to come all this way just to tell him what happened to the others. He expected Fury had some plan or wanted to do something to get revenge. "Nope." Fury said, squishing he cigarette under the heel of her boot. "Good-bye then," he tried to kiss my hand again, now it was my turn to be disappointed. I jerked my hand away and scowled. Fury smiled at me proudly, she like my uncalled-for rebellion. Adam watched me curious. "She really is quite something." He muttered to Fury, she smiled, her unique way of agreeing. I smiled happily at Fury for her pride in me. I turned and began scowling at Adam, he sighed (and what a lovely sound it was) and asked. "What do you purpose we do then?" Before Fury could make a snarky suggestion, I said. "For starters dinner, I'm straving, then some light reading. No sense letting these books rot un-read." Adam looked flabbergausted, and Fury's proud smile got even larger, if that was possible. "Perhaps we should switch form, if we're going out?" He glanched at Fury. I had almost, I said almost forgotten they were in half-demon form. Adam blinked and his eyes were blue-gray and twinkling again. Fury's dagger was behind her back from when she moved it, when Adam jumped down. I was waiting for her to pull it out and pass her hand over it like usual. Fury completely hid it in her light jacket. That was odd. It was like Fury didn't want him to see it. Oh, right, she doesn't know his strength or if we can trust him yet. I realised I already had begun to, but was disappointed when I recognized it was because he was the only good-looking guy who had never insulted my over-intelligence. I was angry with myself for a minute. I quickly snapped out of it. I was going to enjoy the night out. When we arrived at a suitable restraunt Adam stepped in front and smiled sweetly at the waitress. We instantly had the best table in the room. When the waitress saw Fury and I, she gave us an icy glare. Fury passed her without a glance, as if she owned the place. I gave her a "you wish you were me" grin. When I was seated Adam kindly gave my chair a light shove to put me a bit closer to the table and him. Fury sat opposite Adam and I. I chatted and laughed with Fury and Adam.

                                                                                 ~

We left the restraunt as the sun was finishing settting. Beautiful hues of gold, orange, and pink lit up the clouds and sky, making it breath-taking. When back at the bookstore, we read in silence for an hour or two. Adam and I went looking for Fury, we hadn't seen her since we got back. We found Fury on a windowsill, book on her chest, fast asleep. I had to stifle a giggle rising in my throat. Adam randomly snatched a piece of my hair and began toying with it before tucking it behind my ear. "Do you want to see an amazing view, without ever having to leave the store?" My heart pounded in my ears, I nodded. He took me to the middle of the store. We stared up at the top of the shelf in front of us. Adam expertly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me back to his chest with a light thud. My heart skipped a beat, or several. My body covered in goosebumps and my face cherry red. "Don't worry you're safe with me, I'll never let go of you, my darling," he purred in my ear. How romantic, but what was this amazing view? The next second he was leaping upward, air roared past my ears. Lights flashed before my eyes. We landed harder than I expected, and pain jolted up my legs, though my feet remained numb. I sat down to nurse my sore legs. Adam sat beside me and murmured "What do you think?" I was speechless, the view of the store was worth what my legs had suffered. There was a thud on the other side of me, Fury placed a hand over my mouth and muttered almost inaudibly "Shut up and lay down. We are not alone anymore."

A/N: What do you think of Adam so far? What or who do you think is after them? Keep in mind though, Fury's mom is dead. Permanently. Until later love and starlight <3!