4

Johns pov (two days later)

staring at my mate i feel torn in so many directions. i want my mate sleeping in my room by my side, me showing her i love her unconditionally, but then i also want her in the dungeon so i can see her but dont have to deal with her being human.

i watch as she breathes, her chest rising and falling in perfect sync to my own. how could such a beautiful girl have such a horrible past? she woke up yesterday but wouldn't talk to anyone, she just glared at me then turned back over and went straight back to sleep. when i asked the doctor what was wrong with her he simply replied that he doesn't know, he is meant to be a doctor for god sake he should know these things.

i hear her breathing speed up alerting me that she is awake, i watch her closely waiting to see what would happen if she would talk to me or just do what she did yesterday. she rolls onto her side and looks at me, i look back noticing her eyes gaze over my lips, my wolf begs me to kiss her, to taste her lips and find out if all the rumors are true if your mate fits perfectly with you no matter what but i decide against it, while my wolf loves her so much, i dont, i mean i do, i dont, i dont bloody know what i want anymore.

Alyssa's Pov

John seems distracted, almost like he is arguing with himself, i just roll over not caring to pay any attention to him. i can't believe i am alive, i swear i had enough time to die, but i guess not, guess i still dont have luck on my side. not that i blame luck, i never was good enough for my mum's love, my dads love and apparently not lucks either. guess i am unlovable. i stare at the wall not really caring anymore. i feel him moving "if you are not going to talk to me that's fine, you are moving upstairs and will still be guarded 24/7 you can not leave your room either" he growls out.

guards soon arrive and take me to my new room. i walk and notice a guard following me in and another two standing outside my door, i look questioning at the guard "i was told by alpha to stay in your room at all times" i just nod allowing myself to take in my room, there is a double bed in the center of the room with a tv opposite it built into the wall. there are two doors in my room one for a walk-in closet and another for an on suite bathroom. i have a desk in the corner of the room and a mini table under the tv which holds an Xbox one with some games. i sigh what the hell am i meant to do in here. not feeling safe to talk i find a pen and paper on the desk and write my question done. 'is there any way i can get some books to read? i will get quite bored if i dont, i dont care what they are either' i show him the message and he looks at me funny but just nods "i will talk to alpha about it" i nod and sit on my bed "he will be in with some soon" i look up at him confused. how did he talk to alpha well john without even using his phone?

John walks into the room and dumps a pile of books on the bed i smile sweetly at him "she is refusing to talk" my guard says "hmm she will have to start talking sooner or later" John growls out before storming out of the room. i look though the books to find out he has left me ten novels, three are sifi, three are romance four are supernatural. i smile and set them all up. on the desk. i start to feel sleepy so i curl up in the bed and drift off to sleep.

*dream*

i watch as my mum exits her room, in only her underwear i look at her confused. "mummy where did your clothing go?" i question, my mum always told me it was wrong not to wear clothing, so it is a tad weird to see her being naughty "does it god damn matter?" she screams, i fall back onto my ass "no.o.o" i stutter out "good now go get me a glass of wine" she growls out, i nod my head rushing to the kitchen to get mum a class of white wine, i pour it into the glass but slub some on the floor, my five year old hands not really able to hold such a big bottle "how dare you to spill my wine" she screams from the doorway, i sit everything down "I'm sorry" i cry out running past her as fast as i can and into my room. i wish daddy would come home soon.

*dream over*

i bolt upright, unrolling myself from the covers i decide now is the best time to shower. turning on the water, i look around for some fresh clothing, i notice the door to the closet once again and decide to see if i have any clothing in there. opening it up i notice three t-shirts and 3 baggy pants, i grab one of each hoping they are for me and head back into the bathroom, noticing that the guard is asleep in his chair. i decide not to cut at the moment and just focus on washing myself, i notice the large bandage around my back and arm, i pull both off and wince at the sight, I'm used to this i remind myself as i hope into the shower to wash myself off, groaning at the pain that shoots though my back as the lukewarm water hits my back.

soon enough my back goes numb so i start washing my body, with the soap bar that is sitting on the shower caddie. i hop out not long after and look for a first aid kit. i find one hidden under the counter, grabbing it out i look for anything that would suggest it had alcohol in it, i eventually find large alcohol swaps, sliding it over my back and arm wincing every now and then as i go. i get dressed leaving my hair as it is and finally step out of the bathroom "are you okay?" the guard asks i just nod grabbing one of the romance books and curling up in bed allowing the words of the writer to drift me off into a whole new world, where i am locked up in some random guys house, where i am not a prisoner, where i was never abused.

the door swiftly opens and an old lady comes in, with a big smile, she looks over at the guard and almost hisses at him, she walks over to me "i wasn't sure what you like to eat or drink so i hope what i brought you is acceptable" i smile at her looking at the plate, there is a glass of water with a piece of toast with bacon and egg on top "thank you so much, this is perfect" the elderly lady smiles "i am glad you like it, i realized you would be starting to get hungry since these morons haven't been feeding you." i smile at her "did they kidnap you too?" i question she just laughs out "no dear they didn't, i came here willingly" i smile and nodded she eventually leaves me alone "so you are talking' the guard questions me i just look at him confused before starting to eat. while i never ate much this is the perfect proportion for me.

***********************************************************************************************

authors note

another chapter is done and dusted i am really enjoying writing this book for you question of the day what upcoming movie are you most excited to go and see

word count: 1320