part five

-"what do you mean, you don't know how to ride a bike?" dari asked not believing him.

-"i was never taught." alex shrugged.

-"okay then! cya!"

-"dari! we are not leaving him!" I yelled at him.

-"we'll have to teach him." gabriel suggested.

~~~
-"okay zhen stay on one side and dari stay on the other." i instructed.

they did as I said and soon enough alex was riding on his own, without knowing.

-"guys i can't do this." he said nervously.

-"alex you're doing it." zhen said cheerfully.

alex looked around and saw he was riding by himself. we all cheered for him.

-"im doing it guys! im doing it-" soon enough alex crashed over the edge.

-"shit."

-"alex!"

-"alex?"

we all made our way to alex.

-"are you okay?" he wasn't answering us, he was looking out into the open.

-"holy shi-"

-"holy shit is right." dari finished alexs sentence.

the city looked like a massive bomb exploded the place. there were aircrafts over the buildings shooting things.

-"uh-uh no way!"

-"c'mon guys. there's a police station not to far from here." gabriel said.

~~~
we arrived at the station.

-"you guys go ahead." gabriel and i said in unison. we gave each other strange looks but shook it off. the others questioned us.

-"no, maybe it's a good idea. like looters could come by." alex suggested. we nodded in response.

the others entered the station and i went and sat down by a tree near by.

-"why didn't you wanna go in." gabriel asked sitting down next to me.

-"let's just say i don't do so well with cops." i said snapping a twig. gabriel chuckled.

-"why not?"

-"well, back where I lived, in my part of town, we were the 'trouble makers' got arrested for anything and everything. the 'poor kids'. after Johnny, the guy who died in the fire, died my brother didn't take it so well. now my brother was real 'trouble' he owned the town basically," i chuckled, "he took his gun, which wasn't loaded, and robbed a drug store. my brother didn't love anything, except Johnny. of course he loved me but he wasn't thinking. anyways Dallas, my brother, did a runner. he had the cops chasing after him. the gang (our friends) and i tried to stop the cops from shooting him. but it was too late. he was gone."

gabriel looked at me concerned.

-"i'm so sorry." gabriel pulled me close. ive never felt so safe before.

-"everyone saw it coming, i mean, he was practically begging for it. he was dallas winston and he always got what he wanted, and he wanted to die." tears came down my cheeks but i wipes them away.

crying is a sign of weakness, don't ever let them see you cry.

his words always stuck with me.

gabriel kissed my forehead. reassuring everything was going to be okay. it was kind of funny actually, saying everything was fine as aliens invaded our planet.

————————————————————
short
outsider characters are involved
i had to