If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 7

Here goessss...

Oh God, please open the jaws of hell beneath me and swallow me whole right now. I'd rather that than turn round to face Jack's brother. What was it with them creeping up behind me anyways? First Jack had done it and now this guy... must be a family thing.

I decided it was time to turn around so I did so, breathing heavily, although I did not look up. I could not take that yet.

"Chloe, is it?" The guy said with his glorious accent, putting his fingers on my chin and lifting it up to look at him. The moment my eyes scanned his face I almost gasped. It was a spitting image of Jack! If I didn't know any better I'd say it was Jack, except I knew Jack was currently at a car premiere thing.

"...Yes," I breathed, as I stared into his light blue eyes- so alike Jack's yet so different. Sure they were a couple of shades lighter, but almost more childish and something else that I couldn't put my finger on. His hair was also the same colour and texture except he wore it shorter than Jack. He smiled a beautiful smile and let go of my chin and turned around to pick up the TV remote.

"Nice to meet you, Chloe, I'm Max. Jack's big brother." He said the last bit smirking slightly but politely nonetheless. Which is more than I could say for Jack! Ohh this man's voice was sooo... French.

"Erm, hi Max..." I didn't know what to say. He just chuckled and flopped onto the sofa patting the space next to him. I shuffled over to the sofa and sat down awkwardly, as far away from him as possible. He saw my efforts and frowned confusedly.

"You don't like me already?" He asked, oh so politely. I felt bad immediately.

"Oh no! It's just you know, well Jack is... difficult to be around so I prefer to keep my distance. Not that I'm saying you're like him or I have a phobia of men or-" I babbled, my face heating up under his inquisitive gaze. He just laughed softly.

"Ahh my little brother Jack... he never knew how to behave in front of the ladies," he said, making me melt slightly when he said brother. With his accent it sounded like, "brutheer." Mmmm.

"Especially a beautiful young woman like yourself, Chloe," he purred, looking me up and down. He called me a woman! And I was only sixteen! Ahh I'm in love...

"Thanks, Max," I said, blushing like a tomato. God I had to get him off the subject before I self-combusted.

"Sooo... do you come to Jack's house often?" I sat with my back against the sofa arm and faced him, wanting to be comfortable for the information overload I was hoping to get about Jack and his brother Max.

"Well, I live in France because I work in market shares and boring stuff like that, so I'm usually busy but I'm taking a week off to see my annoying little brother and see how he is getting on," he said, smirking again about the brother bit. Something told me that Max and Jack didn't like each other.

"Wow that's some lifestyle! Sure beats mine any day," I replied lamely.

"It's ok but I like to take time off now and again to remain sane. I don't know how Jacques does it being in offices all day and then partying all night. It's very repetitive," he said frowning into his lap. Aw, he was so cute. So much nicer and clear-thinking than his asshole of a brother Jack. I didn't miss the way he said Jack's name the French way too... ooh lala!

"I know what you mean. I hope you don't mind me saying this but your brother is... a manslag," I don't know why I said it and immediately regretted it after, but Max made me feel like I could tell him anything.

To my surprise, Max tilted his head back and laughed his ass off. What was so funny?

"Chloe, believe me, manslag would be an understatement," he said in between laughs.