If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 13

Sorry it took so long but school's killing me with freakin' tests every two minutes.. like everything is bloody graded so it stresses you out to the max. And yes like the evil French kind ahah!

Anyways enough of boring old me... more of sexy young Jacques Sinclaire! XD

I stopped breathing. My Dad had just called me from the living room... and he did not sound happy. I considered running straight back out the door again but I knew the right thing to do was to face my Dad. Even if it meant getting murdered.

I slowly paced into the living room, each step feeling like a stepping stone to my death. My Dad was sitting on the sofa, staring at the TV. Which was off.

"I'm going to ask you once and I want you to tell the truth," he took a deep breath. "Where were you last night?" He turned to look at me and I saw the betrayal in his eyes. I swallowed slowly.

"I- I had to babysit for Sir Sinclaire," I stammered. My Dad shook his head.

"No, Chloe, you didn't. I had a knock at the door at nearly midnight and it was Max, Sir Sinclaire's brother asking if you were ready to go and look after Henri. And guess what? You were out so I told him I thought you were already there. But he told me you weren't. SO WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU??!!" My Dad shouted. I was shocked- my Dad never swore so this must be very serious. Which meant I was in deep shit.

Wait, Max came to the house and told my Dad that?! That bastard! He was the one who left me in the middle of fuck nowhere and Jack had to come rescue me. He must have been pissed off that I didn't want to sleep with him so decided revenge was his best option. But I couldn't tell my Dad that I'd been to Mahiki (basically a date!) with Max and then he'd abandoned me; that would be too complicated and Dad would go mad and probably never let me out again. I had to think of something and fast.

"Dad, Sir Sinclaire rang me beforehand and asked if I could babysit so I got the bus up to his house. I must have just left when Max turned up at the door," I babbled. I hoped this worked.

"You got on the bus at twelve at night?" My Dad asked dubiously, I could tell he wanted to believe that was the case but he didn't know whether to trust me or not.

"Yes. Dad, I know it sounds crazy-" My Dad snorted, "but I really did just get the bus down to his house. Honestly where else am I going to go?" I used the power of a rhetorical question to convince him.

"But... why didn't you just wait for Max to pick you up?" Thank God my Dad seemed to be buying it.

"Well to be honest, I'd been stuck in that house all day and just wanted to get out. I've been so depressed since what happened at the nursery too..." I decided to play the guilt trip. And it worked.

"Aw baby, I'm sorry. I just... I guess when Max showed up telling me that you weren't where you said you were on the note I didn't know what to think and ended up blowing things totally out of proportion- I'm so sorry," he stood up and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"It's ok, Dad." My Dad pulled away and beamed down at me, before stepping back and giving me a once over.Then two things happened simultaneously.