If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 19

“Are you Father Christmas?” The strange man replied cockily with a smooth LA accent, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t answer a question with another question!” I scolded. He was freaking me out. Had I got the wrong house? I stepped back to look at the mansion. Nope, it was Jack’s house alright. Plus, Liam dropped me off here so it definitely was. So the real question was, what the hell was this man doing here?!

“Just did.” He said flatly, his mouth turning up into a full-blown smirk.

“Who the hell are you?” I demanded, nearly stamping my foot. Nearly.

“Rory Fair, Madam.” Rory Fair... Rory Fair... Rory-

“HOLY SHIT!” I exclaimed aloud. Rory stared at me like I was the mad cat lady from across the road.

“Yes it is me, the chosen one...” He declared. I ignored him.

“Let me in, please, I need to ring Jack.”

“How do I know you’re not a paedophile?” He demanded. Did he really just say that? I didn’t know whether to laugh or smack him in the face. I chose the latter.

“What the fuck?! Crazy woman!” He screamed two seconds later, clutching the side of his face in acute pain.

Let me in!” My voice warned him as he refused to move his arm from the doorframe. He removed it and put both hands in the air in surrender.

“OK, OK! Come right in, why don’cha,” he whined in the cadences of the rich American.

“Thank you,” I replied sarcastically, pushing past him into the hall. I heard him mumble something as I passed.

“...Jack’s got himself a right psycho bitch here...”

Oh hell no! I spun round and kneed him in his crotch, causing the towel to fall slightly. Rory groaned in agony, his hands flying to his crotch and struggling to keep the towel on his waist. I smiled sweetly before fast-walking to the cordless house phone on the wall. I picked it up and dialled Jack’s mobile number (off by heart, I’ll have you know).

“Chéri?” He answered nervously. Yeah, he better be nervous!

“Oh hello baby, I just wanted to call and ask- I don’t know... maybe why the fuck is Rory Fair in your house?!”

“OH! That. Yeah thing is chéri, he’s my best friend and you need someone to stay with you while I’m gone so I just thought-”

“You thought you’d just leave him here with me, huh?” I really needed to calm down right now. But how could I with this animal in the house?

“Well, yes, actually...” He trailed off, unsure of how I was going to react. I decided on a different approach- sarcasm.

“That’s just great, Jack. You know, I’ve always dreamt of waking up in the middle of the night and knowing that I’m safe because somewhere in the house, there is a freaking pervert!” I hissed, not even bothering to keep my volume down since Rory was only a couple of metres away from me, still clutching his meat and veg by the door. Well, it’s not like he could even hear what I was saying over his pained groans.

“What? He’s not a pervert!” Jack sounded shocked and a little hurt but I didn’t care.

“Oh, so the owner of a global glamour model company is soooo not interested in the bodies of young, skinny, orange, ridiculously hugely breasted, poofy-lipped, makeup-caked women!” I was breathing heavily from my descriptive tirade as I waited for Jack to answer.