Chapter 5 -Reunion-

Eliza sped up her pace and knocked on the door. after a few seconds, she heard the lock being opened and Ayla emerged from the house. She saw relief and happiness in her face, and it made Eliza happy. But Ayla's relief was quickly turned into fear.

            "What are you doing here?!Didn't I tell you I don't want to talk to you anymore?! Go away!" Ayla said. Her face seemed hurt, but still, fear was there.

            "But you are talking to me, dummy." Eliza said then pushed her inside the house. She held Ayla's hands tightly, not wanting to let her go. She followed her inside and locked the door. "Ayla. Tell me what's wrong."

            "You! I hate you! We have nothing to talk about. I don't want to see your face anymore!" She said, still struggling to set herself free from Eliza.

            "But your eyes are telling me otherwise, you idiot." Eliza said in a low voice, almost whispering. "I missed you." Then she embraced Ayla, who in turn, tried to break away. She didn't let her go until Ayla's struggle went weaker and weaker.

            "Please Lai. Go away. I don't want to lose you." Ayla said, sobbing.

            "I don't want to lose you too, that's why I am not going away until you tell me why you are doing this."

            "I'm afraid Lai. I have a bloody past, one that is not of this world. You see, everyone I valued, my friends, my family, my acquaintances, they all died in front me. Because of vampires."

            Eliza was immobilized when she heard Ayla's confession. This can't be. Is she the same child? "And what does going away have to do with that?" She asked.

            "I'm afraid of being hurt, of losing again someone important, someone so dear. The reason why everyone is afraid of me is because of that. I was the sole survivor of that bloody incident. And they think.. they think I am the daughter of some demon for surviving such an otherworldly massacre. Lai. do you believe me?"

            "Of course I do. The only reason I see why you lose people is because you drive them away Ayla. That was in the past. Have you noticed that no one you knew died since then? It has nothing to do with you! You're perfectly normal."  You are, little one. It is my fault that you suffered this. I am the one to blame.

            "Lai, do you know why I survived? I was saved by a goddess." Ayla said. This time, she wrapped her arms around Eliza's waist and buried her head in her bosom.

            "Don't you think that goddess had put you in a bad situation? Don't you think it's her fault why people are being scared of you, because she can't do anything. If she really is a goddess, she could have saved more than just a child. It's her fault." Eliza said, walking backward to lean on the wall. She kept Ayla locked in her embrace, as if letting her go would mean losing her.

            "It's not her fault, Lai... And I think, she is in a much worse situation. She killed her comrades Lai, for they won't listen. The blood of my clan had intoxicated them and turned them into mindless creatures driven only by their desire for blood. And she did all of that to save a child like me, a child that is not even her own kind. Besides, I think, her comrades are happier that they were killed in her hands, that they can be spared of committing more murderous crimes."

            "I'm sorry, little one." Eliza said, tears of joy welling in her eyes. Perhaps this child is what Zieros wanted me to find. To rid me of my guilt.

            "Little one?" Ayla stopped, her heart skipping a beat. She pushed herself a few inches away from Eliza and looked at her face in disbelief. Now that I look at her closer, she does resemble her. Lai is the goddess! Ayla thought to herself. "Lai, could it be that you are the one who saved me back then? Lai. You are her!" Ayla said, her smile reaching from ear to ear.

            "N-no. I am not. Idiot. Do I look like a vampire to you?" Eliza said, finally letting Ayla go from her embrace. But Ayla stayed near her.

            "It's you isn't it? Now that I think about it, you resemble her so much! And she calls me little one. You just said that a while ago! Throughout the months we've been together, you never addressed me in that way, much less with that kind of expression... and you weren't surprised when I told you about my past. Like you knew it. Lai, she's you, isn't it?" Ayla said, happiness and mirth radiated from her.

            "Yeah. So what if it's me." Eliza said, turning away from Ayla.

            Ayla grabbed her shoulder and made her turn so that she is now facing her. She looked at Eliza's eyes, happy to find the person she's been wanting to thank in front of her. She was with her the whole time. Not only did she saved her, she brought back color to her life. "Lai, don't leave me. I love you." Ayla said then pulled Eliza to her. She kissed her, biting and sucking her lips. Then she moved away, flustered.

            "Stupid girl. Don't do that suddenly. I might lose myself and do something else to you." She said but she kissed Ayla back.

            They both smiled and laughed.