Chapter 3 -First Blood-

Ayla started chopping onions while Eliza watched her work. She stared at Ayla's fast moving hands, her face, her long eye lashes and her cherry colored lips. She thought about the first day she met her and all those days they spent together, then she realized she had never once seen Ayla's parents.

            "Ayla, I've never seen your parents." She said out of the blue.

            Ayla was surprised by the question and accidentally made a deep cut on her finger.

            "Careful! - " Eliza stopped half way, the scent of Ayla's blood quickly spreading in the kitchen. It was unlike any other blood she smelled. The scent was heavenly and irresistable. It sent shivers to her spine and made her blood boil in anticipation. The very scent of Ayla's blood roused her bloodlust to another level, like a powerful but untamed beast, a beast she never knew existed within her. It's been a long time since she sank her teeth into something. The bloodlust and scent drove her to the edge of her sanity. She reached out for Ayla's bleeding finger, the crimson blood dripping. Slowly, she pulled it closer to her mouth, licking the drops of blood. It tasted better than any other blood she drank. Then an image of a bloody room flashed in her mind. It was something else. Then she felt the tug of power, her power, and for an instant she thought she had it back, all because of a few drops of blood.

            "L-lai. Stop it." Ayla said, pulling her hand away from Eliza. She took hold of her senses and saw Ayla crying.

            "Ayla." She wanted to hold her hand but she didn't. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.. do that." Eliza backed a few paces away, not wanting to cause anymore harm to the girl standing in front her.

            "No. Please." Ayla said, tears streaming down her face. Her knees trembled until it gave way. Eliza caught her and brought her to the couch, keeping a safe distance from Ayla.

            "What's the matter? What bothers you... my friend?" Eliza said. She looked at the trembling Ayla. It pained her seeing Ayla at this state. Without any second thoughts, she embraced her. Something must have happened in her past to make her like this. To her surprise, Ayla pushed her away.

            "Lai. I'm sorry." Ayla said, then she went away from her.

            "Ayla! Wait!" Eliza stood up and tried to chase her.

            "Don't follow me! Don't.. Don't talk to me anymore1 I hate you!" Ayla shouted and ran out of the house.

            No. You're joking. Ayla... What have I done??

( A/N You like the story so far? Please do leave a comment for any suggestions. I might also take in some requests regarding girl x girl stories that you want to read. :) )