n i n e

Harry’s Pov

Someone like me would come across as someone who has lots of friends, but that isn’t particularly true. I have friends, but they’re all fake son of a bitches. Of course, they’d never tell me they only hang out with me because of my money.  

The only person I can actually call a ‘real friend’ is Alice Wood. I’ve known her while we were still working out our lives. We helped each other reach our career, hers being a model and mine owning my own company. She was the only one I could really trust, and the only one I could tell anything too. The only one who I can share secrets to. Surprisingly, the only sexual thing Alice and I have done was hook-up, but it felt so wrong. She was like… another sister to me.

No one would understand how I really feel, because I’m the only one who feels it. And basically the whole reason why I’m so drawn to Brooke is because she treats me different. She treats me with negativity which I’ve never been treated before – or in a while, I guess. Being with Alice was real.

We were honest with each other, but unlike Brooke, she feels the opposite of Alice. It’s all a new feeling and I crave it. It’s fucking weird, I know. I never know when people are actually being real with me. Everyone basically worships me, which is just incredibly weird because I treat everyone like shit. It’s like people are just so blinded with the whole concept of money to not realise the way they act, and the way people treat them. I wouldn’t treat people like this without a reason.

Of course, Alice doesn’t worship me like all the other stupid people out there, but she’s only 50% honest. If she likes something, she’ll tell you, can if she doesn’t she just won’t. She’s more ‘if you don’t have anything to say, don’t say it at all’ type of person.

By the end of our dinner, I’ve learnt a decent amount about Brooke. I don’t know if she still thinks of me in a bad way, but I hope not. She’s the type of girl everyone wants to be friends with.

Deep down, beneath my asshole ways, I’m still human. I’m sick of all this. I love what I do, but hate the attention. Why did I even get attention? I’m not famous. I’m rich.

Tonight made me forget about all the money, fake friends and spotlight. It was exactly what I needed. And apart from Alice, it’s the first time I didn’t have to think about H.Styles Enterprises, or have someone mention my business. It made me want to be with Brooke a lot more.

-

“Welcome, Mr Styles,” Candace greets. I give her a small nod as she walks to my side with her clip board.

“What’s on today,” I say – not ask, while walking into my office.

I take a seat on my office chair and start up my computer.

“Well, you have a meeting with Mr Payne and 11:30, to confirm the partnership. Then Mr Dawn wants to talk to you straight after,” she answers on the other side of my desk.

I nod. “Thanks, now leave,” I command.

She nods, smiles and leaves, leaving echoes of her heals clicking on the floor.

It was only 11:00pm so I had time to prepare all my documents. It was a bit hard, I was still thinking about Brooke. I haven’t known her for even a week, but I’ve never felt like this about any other woman before. It sounds extremely fucked up. Way too fucked up for me. I mean, I don’t like her in that way. I guess I just really want to be friends.

I take deep breaths and try to block her thoughts from my head.

-

My phone rings causing me to jump a bit.