f o u r

Brooklyn’s POV

I’m awaken at 10:00 in the morning by my alarm. I’m so happy that I decided not to drink that much last night, or to go home with the guy that is yet to be named. I have work in a few hours and I know that if I did do those certain events last night, I would’ve probably be fired.

I groan as I go to the bathroom to check myself. I had enough energy last night to change out of my dress and remove my makeup so right at this moment, I looked a bit decent. Just a bit.

I know what you’re all thinking. Why would she be out at night, when she has work tomorrow? A little party never killed nobody, right?

Thankfully, the bookshop where I work doesn’t do uniforms, so I don’t have to worry about those. And it’s my family business so either way I’d (hopefully) have an expectation.

I pick out my outfit for the day, touch up on my hair and apply my makeup so it doesn’t exactly look like I’ve just woke up.

Before I leave, I take a peek into Alice’s bedroom. She was still sleeping, snoring a bit.

I leave her a note on the counter letting her know I’m at work. Thankfully, on Saturdays’ I only have to work from 12:00 in the afternoon till closing time, which happens to be at 5:00.

I drive to the bookstore which is only about a five to ten minute drive, but I stop at Starbucks to have a muffin and coffee.

“Dad?” I call out into the bookstore.

“In here, Brookie!” He struggles to say. I quickly rush to where his voice was to be greeted by him trying to carry a box full of books.

“Daddy, you know you aren’t mean to be carrying heavy stuff!” I tell him. With his old age of 54, he shouldn’t be lifting things.

“I know, but I just really had to get these books on the shelves, it’s very in-demand… Have you read it?” He asks me, taking a book out of the box. I take it out of his hands. The Book Thief.

“Yes Daddy, I’ve read this. It’s an amazingly well-written book,” I tell him. “Where’s Emily? Didn’t she say she’d be here?” I ask.

Emily Wood – my older sister. She’s 26, has the best body and is known for her incredible beautiful smile. Long legs and tan skin. She’s a model for Victoria’s Secret. Yes, I know. How can I be related to someone as beautiful as her? I have no idea. I unfortunately don’t have the same features she has.

Even though she’s a model, she still works here, because of her love for books. She’s kinda known as the geek in the industry. A ‘sexy’ geek.

He shrugs and looks at me. “Well now, will you please put it on the shelves?” he asks.

“Of course.”

-

Once I’m done stocking up, Emily finally arrives.

“Dad! Sorry I’m late. I had to do some late clothes fitting for tonight’s show,” she calls out.

I don’t hear what my dad says because I’m too busy reading ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower.’

Out of nowhere, someone, most likely Emily takes the book out of my hands. “Hey! I was reading that,” I pout. “Sorry sis,” she pouts back and gives me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

We were extremely close. We do have our moments, but she’s my best friend (Alice included), and I’d do anything for her.

“You are coming to the show tonight, right?” She asks.

“I don’t know Em, you know I don’t fit into that lifestyle,” I tell her.

“Awe c’mon Brooke. Just come for support! For your dear sister?” She pouts.

“Fine, for support. But do I have to come dressed?” I asked question.

I have no problem dressing up. For parties. Not these fashion events. It’s obvious I don’t fit in. I prefer the more wild side to life, rather than the more formal events my sister attends.

“Yeah... But please!” She begs.

“I’ll be there,” I give in.

She squeals and hugs me. “I’ll do extra well for you! And, I’ll give you the best seats,” she says excitedly.

“Woo,” I say sarcastically, earning a small punch to the arm.

“Oh, and I’ve got a surprise for you!” She squeals once again, and then runs off.

She comes back with a bag where you put dresses in. She lays in out on the counter – luckily no one was in the shop at the moment, and unzips it.

She takes the dress out of the bag and revealed the tight, hot pink shoulder dress. It ended mid-thigh but had a flawy tail that connected from around the waist down the ground. It was gorgeous.

I couldn’t help up squeal. “Oh my god! This is gorgeous,” I say in awe. “It’s for you,” Emily says. “Em, you shouldn’t have,” I tell her. “But I did,” she smiles.

-

We help dad close the store at 5:00, then we all go our own ways. Emily texted me the info for the event. Surprisingly, I’m excited.

I get home and Alice isn’t there. I guess I’ll have to get ready by myself.

The show didn’t start till about 8:30, but apparently I had to be there at around 7:30.

I take a quick shower and dry my hair. I slowly put the dress on, praying it would fit. Luckily for me, it did. I then curl my hair into nice, medium sized curls. I also put some makeup on. Just enough to cover some flaws. I add a smoky eye look and put on some silver earrings and necklace. I wear my silver heals and voila.

I get a text from Emily saying a limo will be at the front of my apartment waiting for me at around 7:00. It’s just about 6:55 right now. Perfect timing.

5 minutes later, a limo arrives for me. The driver opens the door for me and I hop in, hoping it’ll be a great night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi it's a year today since Zayn followed me i'm emotional bye