t h r e e

Booklyn's POV

“So, that’s it?” Alice questions. “What do you mean, that’s it?” I reply.

“Like what, no kissing or teasing or whatever?” She explains. “What! No, you perv. Nothing happened. I asked him questions and that was it,” I tell her. “None of that 50 Shades of Grey thing.”

“That sucks,” she tells me, causing me to burst out laughing.

“Yeah, yeah. I don’t think I’m really his type anyway. Pretty sure he’s into blondes.” I say, slightly upset. Not that I have any love interest with him, anyway. He’s just good to look at.

“Christian Grey wasn’t.” She responds. I swear, she's so innocent. But in a way, not so innocent.

“Yeah well Christian Grey isn’t a real person. Harry Styles is,” I remind her.

“Okay, whatever. Thanks so much for all this; I owe you so much more than two weeks of grocery!” She tells me.

“Yeah, I know,” I reply. “How about you treat me to some alcohol, then? I really feel like going out tonight. It’s Friday, the night is young… We’re young! Let’s go!” I added.

“You know that’s not my thing,” she whispered back.

“Al, please. You owe me!” I stated.

I give her my best puppy face and make those noises dogs make when the cry.

She rolls her eyes at me and I tug at her arm.

“Stop that! Only I can do that,” she laughs. “Fine.”

I squeak and jump up from my bed. “Let’s go get ready then!”

Alice walks back to her room to pick out an outfit while I run to my wardrobe and go through all my party dresses.

“No... No... No… No…

Oh my god! I’ve completely forgotten about this dress,” I squeak. I change out of my clothes and put my good pair of matching bra and underwear, just in case.

“AL, HAVE YOU CHOSEN A DRESS?” I yell.

I hear footsteps as I try squeezing into my tight, black dress. It was just a plain tight dress with three cuts on each side.

“Shit, Brooke. Are you okay?” Alice asks. “A little help would be good,” I say as I struggle to get the dress to pull down to my thigh.

Eventually, we get it fitted to my body.

“So, what are you wearing?” I question.

“I don’t know,” she tells me. “I don’t have dresses like yours.”

“Fine. You can wear one of my dresses. Our bodies are quite alike, right?”

She nods.

I pick out a tight red dress with a small v line cut at the front.

Once we get it on, we both take a look in the mirror.

“Hm, not bad,” I examine.

My hair was already curled into nice, medium sized curls and I already had make up from today. All I had to do was retouch both my hair and make-up and I was done. It didn’t really matter anyway, I’d probably  ruined by the end of tonight.

I straighten Al’s beautiful long hair. She was a blondie. But unlike the usually stereotypes, she was smart and educated and only very rarely went to crazy parties. I was the opposite. I mean, no I’m not stupid, but I love a good party, every now and again.

I add her makeup and after about half an hour, we were ready. Lucky for us, or me, we lived in New York, so there were tons of clubs around. I put on my sliver; glittery heals on while Al puts on her black wedges. We enter Al’s car and she drives off to any club we could actually find parking for.

Finally, we found one and it’s just a little over 10.

We line up at the back of the line and thankfully it wasn’t that long.

When we reach the front, the security guard checks our i.ds and lets us in.

“WOO!” I scream while raising both my arms.

Alice laughs and follows me to the bar.

“What can I get you two sexy ladies tonight?” The bartender winks. “Two Chocolate Cakes, please,” I scream at him, hoping he can hear me from the loud music.

He smiles and starts making the drink. I turn to Alice with the biggest smile on my face, and she gives me confused look.

I laugh at reaction. “It’s a type of shot, stupid,” I explain.

When the bartender finishes our drink and hands it to us, I look up at Alice and she looks back up at me.

“Read?” I yell. She gives me a disgusted look but nods.

“1… 2… 3… Drink!” I yell.

I take the small cup and chug the drink. The alcohol burns down my throat.

“Fuck yeah!” I call out as Alice coughs. I laugh at her and grab her hand, leading us into the middle of dance floor.

I start dancing like everyone else, not caring who’s around. Alice awkwardly does a dance with her hands causing me to laugh at her and her to give me a ‘shut-the-fuck-up’ look. I grab her hands and dance with her.

‘Turn Down for What’ by DJ Snake and Lil Jon starts playing and I jump up and down even more with my hands in the air.

“Ahhh, it’s my song!” I say over excitedly.

“TURN DOWN FOR WHAT,” I yell and dance. I think Alice is starting to get the hang of it now, since she’s not awkwardly dancing anymore.

As I dance, I feel two hands places on my hips, then push butt against someone. I sling my arms around the person’s neck as I roll my head back to his shoulder and he kisses my neck.

I moan at the touch of his lips.

He turns me around so that I’m facing him. I take a quick glance and his face. Hot damn. He had maybe black hair? I couldn’t really see him that well, but he did look sexy. I then attach my lips to his and we were now fully snogging. His breath tasted like alcohol and cigarettes. He pulls back first and attaches his hands to mine, leading us the way out.

We walk to his car when I realised what I was doing. Sure, he looked like a good fuck, but I was not at all drunk enough for this. Plus, I left Alice by herself, and I know if I did leave her here, she’d be pissed like last time and never come with me again. And, I have work in the morning so I really don’t think doing a walk of shame would be very good right now.

When he reaches for the door of the car, I bolt. I run as fast as I could and I hear him calling out.

“Hey! Come back here, woman!” He calls out.

I look back and thankfully he doesn’t chase after me. It’s extremely hard to run in these heels, but thankfully, I wasn’t drunk.

I get back in the club and look for Alice. I find her sitting at the bar we were once at, looking scared and so innocent.

I reach her out for her arm and she jumps.

She looks at me with wide eyes.

“Oh my god! Fuck you! You left me,” she yells but embraces me.

 “I didn’t leave you, I had to pee.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you vote, it gives me motivation :D

I imagine Brooklyn as Vanessa Marano (on the side)