V

He throws the flowers and lets go of the balloon. "Who the fuck is this" he yells. His eyes filled with rage as he glared at Omari. "Don.. when did you get out" I said in disbelief. "Surprise baby" he says with a fake smile. He walks up on Omari and gets in his face. Omari ain't no punk so he looks back at him. "So you got this nigga playing daddy to my kids" he asks and looks over at me.

"It's not like that brotha" Omari says but before he could finish Don slams him on the ground. "DON STOP IT" I yell from the bed. They were on the ground throwing punches and putting each other in headlocks. "You been fucking my girl" Don yells through gritted teeth and punching Omari's side. "Every night" Omari spits back. Hospital security rushes in and pulls them apart.

Don has a busted lip and Omari had a bloody nose. "You dead, bitch" Don said and spit at Omari. I couldn't do anything but sit there and cry. I was still in shock to see Don.

Don's POV

*flashback

My lawyer came up to the prison today. We sat down at the table and he pulled out some paper work. "Don, I've got some great news" he says. "What is it" I say. "I've been doing some digging and I found out that the evidence collected was illegally obtained. The officer was not on duty during the time of collecting it." He says with look of excitement. "So what this mean" I say as I raised my eyebrow. "Don.. this means your gonna be set free" he says. "You shittin me" I say in disbelief. He chuckles. "By next week, you sir will be a free man" he says. I drop my head into my hands and I cried. "I hope those are tears of joy" my lawyer says. "I'm going to get to see my son come into the world and watch my baby girl grow up" I said as tears fell from my eyes.

He pats my shoulder. "I called for a re-trial and we should be set to go tomorrow" he says. "Thanks man. I really mean that" I say. He nods his head and we exchange goodbyes.

At the trial..
"It seems to me that a grave injustice has been placed upon you Mr. Brewster. The officer failed to legally submit the evidence for this trial and therefore the evidence is inadmissible in court. No evidence, no case. The court offers our sincerest apologies. You are free to go" the judge says and pounds his gavel. I turn and hug my lawyer. I clap my hands and thank my lawyer again.

My lawyers phone rings and he looks over at me. "Wassup" I say as I noticed his face turned into a smile. "We need to hurry up and get you to the hospital man. Nicki's in labor" he says. My ears perk up at the sound of Nicki's name. "Let's go" I yelled. "We still need to process you out. As soon as we are done we can drive straight there" he says. I sigh and nod. I was so anxious and nervous. I was excited for my first son and even more excited to see him be born.

*end of flashback

"GET OFF ME" I yell at the security guard. "Are you calm sir" the guard says. "IM CALM, now get the fuck off me" I said. He hesitantly let's go. I touch my lip and see the blood on my fingers. I look at Nicki and she looks back at me scared. "So my mother was right" I said and scoff. "Don I-" she started to say but I cut her off. "SO YOU FUCKING HIM WHEN IM LOCKED UP IN A CELL" I screamed. I was livid. I swear I could hurt her.

"You really something else. You sit up on the phone and talk about how much you love me and how much you miss me. But whole time, you with this wack ass nigga. You a fucking hoe for real. That's all you've ever been...a fucking hoe" I yell. "Wait a minute now, don't call her out her name" Omari says. "Nigga I will fucking KILL you. Don't say shit to me" I said to him.

"STOP YELLING" Nicki yells. The nurse brings the baby back into the room and we all direct our attention to him. The nurse gave the baby to Nicki and I watched her as she smiled at him and kissed his face. I walked over to them and reached for the baby. She pretended to ignore me. I bent down and whispered in her ear "give me my fucking son now or I swear I'll call Kev right now so he can take care of this nigga" I said pointing to him. A single tear rolled down her face and she carefully handed him to me.