II

6 months later/Don's POV
"Back the fuck up JohnJohn. I told yo fat ass you can't have my snickers" I yell at one of the inmates. He would stand behind me and beg me for my shit everyday. "C'mon man, you got money. Help a brother out" he says. "Man get the fuck out my face" I say.

I walked over to the lunch line to get my tray of food. On the way there some dude rolled up on me. "So you a crip" he asked. "Yea nigga, and what about it" I said grabbing my tray. "This blood territory nigga so we better not have no problems. Is we going to have problems" he asks. "Man if you don't back yo ass up. I ain't got time to be playing with you fake ass bloods" I say with a chuckle. The dude gets angry and throws a punch at me. Some of his homies jump in and they start stomping me out.

I was able to get a few punches in but they had me backed into a corner as I tried to shield my body from the blows. It was about 7 of them ganging up on me. The alarms go off and several guards come and break up the fight. I had a few minor cuts on my face and my nose was bleeding. They took me to the medic and I got cleaned up.

Sitting with a ice pack on the side of my face, "Brewster" a guard yelled. "Wassup" I say. "You've got a visitor" he says. I nod. He opened my cell and I was lead to the visiting area with the phones.

Nicki's POV
I softly sobbed while cooking dinner for Kairi. She was in the other room watching tv and I didn't want her to hear me. I was overwhelmed with having to do everything by myself. I was 6 months pregnant trying to run a household and run after a 4 year old. I was tired and I missed Don. I had too much pride to ask for too much help. We talked just about everyday but it wasn't the same as him actually being there.

I planned on visiting him today. I left Kairi with his mother and I drove down to the prison. I did the usual search and metal detector routine that I became so used to since I visited every week. This time we had to speak through the glass and over the phone. I sat on my side and waiting for Don to come. I heard that familiar buzzer and he walked in and sat down. He sighed and picked up the phone. "Hey baby" he says in his low, deep and raspy voice. "Hey" I say with a half smile.

"How are you" he says. "I'm doing alright. How are you" I ask. "Nah what's going on" he says looking concerned. I feel myself about to cry but I choke them back. "I'll be fine Don. I'm just a little overwhelmed" I say. "With what" he says. "With everything. It's hard doing everything by myself" I say. He sighs and drops his head. "I'm sorry I can't be there to help you" he says with sad eyes. "I know you would be with us if you could" I say. "You talk to your lawyer" I ask. He looks back at me pissed off. "Yo, why the fuck you always asking me that shit" he says raising his voice.

"I-I was just asking.." I say but he cut me off. "Of course I talked to my fucking lawyer. I'm not getting out anytime soon Nicole" he yells. I look down and say "I'm sorry" lowly. He smacks his lips and hangs up the phone. He glares at me and then gets up. The guard leads him out the room. I wiped my tears and then stood up to leave. Don hates when I ask about his lawyer and if anything had changed with his case. He said it reminded him that he was going to be in there forever and that he already gets enough reminders. But I'm just curious and I want him home.

A few hours later I was home alone. Kairi was at her cousins house. I decided to take a nice bath and then catch up on some of my Netflix shows. My phone buzzes and I see I got a IG dm notification. I click on and see who it was.

OmariHardwick hey I hope you remember me! We went to high school together! How you been?
ItsNickiBby_ of course! How are you Omari?
OmariHardwick I can't complain. Life's been good.
ItsNickiBby_ I see! You've been doing your thing!
OmariHardwick Thank you. I appreciate that. I was wondering if maybe we could catch up sometime.
ItsNickiBby_ I think that would be great! Here take my number (773)-344-8867
OmariHardwick cool. Talk to you soon