The Pain in her Heart

credit goes to Sarroush of Fanfiction.net

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail

'...Robe of Yuen, huh? She looks great in anything...'Lucy thought while staring at Erza who was eliminating the bandits one by one, in quick succession.

"Lucy! Don't just stand there. Help out!" Lucy was snapped out of her daze by Erza's commanding voice.

"R-Right!" She got up, took out Fleuves D'etoiles and charged at a few remaining bandits. She was able to take one out, and forgetting where she was at the moment, she started jumping with joy.

"Stupid girl, your back is wide open!" a bandit roared. Lucy turned just in time to see Erza stop the bandit's blade and fiercely kick him meters away.

Erza turned around to face Lucy, who looked down in shame. "I'm sorry." Lucy whispered.

"You don't celebrate during a fight. You celebrate AFTER a fight. Never let your guard down, Lucy. I might not be there next time." The red head said firmly. After defeating all the bandits, she went back to Lucy. When Erza noticed how down she was, she sighed and smiled a bit.

"Come on, Lucy. Let's head back. I'll treat you to some strawberry cake."Erza said as she requipped back into her Heartz Kruz armor. Lucy couldn't help but laugh and reply with "Don't you mean, treat yourself to some strawberry cake?"

They laughed and started heading back, when Erza noticed Lucy was walking slower than usual. She looked at the latter's feet and noticed her left leg was injured. It most likely happened during the bandit fight.

Lucy saw Erza looking at her leg. "This? Don't worry about it. It's just a little scratch." 'A little scratch that hurts a lot...' She thought to herself.

Erza didn't buy it. She could see Lucy was in pain. Which is why, to Lucy's surprise, she carried her, bridal style.

'...This is a dream right? There is no way this is real...My face is so close to Erza's...Her eyes. Her lips. Her neck. They're all..'.

"..-cy...u-cy...Lucy...can you hear me?" Erza was trying to get Lucy's attention.

"Huh? Oh, sorry Erza. Did you say something?" Was Lucy's response.

Erza sighed and said "No, I was just checking if you're alright. Close your eyes, and rest for a bit. I'll wake you when we've arrived."

"Eh? Ah, no, don't worry about me. I'm fine." Lucy said, as her blush became increasingly stronger.

"Oh, it's my armor isn't it? Hold on a second." Erza requipped into her regular clothes, for Lucy's comfort. "Is this bett-..." She looked down as she was speaking, and saw Lucy's eyes were closed, and she looked at peace. "I guess it is." Erza whispered to herself.

Erza...So soft... Lucy thought as she drifted to sleep in Erza's strong arms.

"Uuhh..." Lucy stirred as she began to wake up. Looking around, she noticed she was in her room and her leg was bandaged. Gently smiling, she concluded that this must have been Erza. She slowly got up, changed her clothes and headed to the guild.

"Lu-chan!" She saw Levy sitting at the bar waving at her.

Lucy walked over. While sitting down, she asked Mira for a cold drink, to which the older girl replied "Right away!".

"Lu-chan, are you alright? That seems pretty painful". Levy said with concern showing.

"Nuhuh". Lucy shook her head. "It's not as bad as it looks, though it does burn sometimes."