twenty five

trinity west

i lock my jeep and throw my backpack over my shoulder as i walk towards the front doors. i haven't gotten out of bed the whole weekend, the thought of what ethan was going to tell me being the only thing on my mind.

what was he sorry about?

i trail behind the slow moving crowd of people in the school hallway. once sierra comes into my line of vision, i push through the crowd towards her.

my brows drew together when i see her talking to ethan alone. my thoughts get the best of me and only negative things pop into my mind. i pick up my pace, wanting to stop whatever kind of interaction they were having.

i then watch as grayson steps in between them just as sierra raises a hand, going to slap ethan. i run towards them when i hear ethan shout profanities at her. "what's going on?" i shout as i pull ethan away from sierra, the look on his face terrifying me.

"nothing." he suddenly snaps at me. taken aback by his anger, i watch as he runs his hands over his face. he was clearly stressed out about something. "what's wrong with you?" i finally get the guts to ask.

he looks at me, agitated. but his face quickly softens when he sees the look on my face. "i'm sorry, i'm just so stressed out." he lets out a quivering breath. i knew he was stressed. i raise a brow, signaling him to tell me what he was stressed about.

"something happened frida-" he slams his mouth shut when a high pitched voice is heard yelling ethan's name. i recognize it as lillian's as she draws closer to us, still taunting ethan by catcalling him.

"you look delicious." she says as she runs her hand along his shouler, making eye contact with me. she licks his ear before mumbling, "i had a fun time friday night. we should totally do it again," she shoots me a cold stare, "you know, just for the fun of it."

my jaw drops slightly as i shift my gaze to ethan, who has tears welling up in his eyes. "please tell me this is some sort of twisted joke." my voice cracks when i notice lillian kissing down ethan's neck.

the worst part was watching ethan do nothing about it.

he didn't push her off.

"ethan! say something, anything!" i sob, not taking my eyes off his. a tear slips out of his eye, still not moving a muscle. i fall to my knees, clawing at my chest as my heart throbs, breaking. "gray!" i call out and when his face comes into view, i reach out to him.

he picks me up off the floor, pushing past ethan, making sure to hit his shoulder. i could literally feel my heart shatter and my whole world fall apart.

the one boy i ever loved more than anything was taken away from me again. "hey, it's okay. i'm here. just breathe." he says calmly as he pushes through everyone and into the girls bathroom.

he sets me down on the toilet, kneeling between my legs and removing the hair that was sticking to my wet face. "trinity, pay attention to me." he whispers, grabbing my attention. "everything is okay. i'll stay right here, okay?" i look at him, tears still falling rapidly out of my eyes.

"you're not going to leave? please don't leave." i cry and he shakes his head, "i'm not leaving. you're not going to lose me." he pulls me into his arms, his fruity scent filling my nose. "thank you." i mutter and i can feel him smile.