twenty three

trinity west

"i'll see you after school?" i ask ethan as i observe the hickeys all over my neck in the bathroom mirror. i cringe at my attempt to cover them with makeup but they were too dark to be covered fully. now they just looked like bruises on my neck.

"you look fine, stop putting so much makeup on it or it'll be more noticeable." he takes my makeup bag away from me and i glance over at him with a pout on my face. "people will think badly of me if they see my hickeys, ethan. they'll think i'm jumping from guy to guy."

"you kind of were for a minute there." he states with no expression on his face whatsoever. "shut it." i scoff playfully and punch him in the arm. he chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist and plants a soft kiss behind my ear. "i love you."he whispers into my ear and i smile at him in the mirror.

"i love you, e." i turn around, his hands still being wrapped around my waist. i stare at his lips, running my thumb over his bottom lip before leaning in to kiss him. he pulls me closer to him while i run my hands through his messy hair. he pulls away, leaning his forehead on mine while his eyes stay closed.

i move my hands down to his cheeks as his eyes open, our faces still being so close to each other's. "we should get going to class." he sighs and unwraps his arms from around my waist and hands me my makeup bag back and i smile at him before stuffing it in my backpack that was sitting on the floor.

i swing my backpack over my shoulder as i walk out of the bathroom with ethan trailing behind me. i jump when i feel a sharp pain hit my ass. "your ass looks good in those leggings." ethan smirks and i blush as i push his towering body with what strength i had.

he raises both his eyebrows with a hurt look on his face. "you didn't just try to push me." my eyes widen and i start running away from him but before i could get far he pulls me into his arms once again. "that sweater looks cute on you." he kisses my forehead and i'm surprised at his sudden mood change.

"go to class." he then demands and i hold up my fist, bring back old memories. he smiles and gives me a fist bump as we both wiggle our fingers. "bye ethan." i blush and he gives me another quick peck on the forehead. "bye, t."
-
i take a seat at our normal spots at the lunch table and start immediately spilling everything to sierra. she wasn't very happy about my choice considering what happened between them the other day ago.

"i just don't trust him, trinity." sierra scoffs and i throw my hands up in the air. "he's just hurt! he told me everything yesterday." i try to remain calm so i don't grab the attention of the nosy people in school. "everything? like even what happened between me and him?" she starts panicking.

i furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "no? he confessed how he felt about me." i explain and she lets out a breath i didn't even know she had been holding. i brush off the weird feeling i got from her when i see lillian sit down across from me, a huge smile on her face.

"why are you so happy?" i ponder and a flush creeps onto lillian's cheeks. elijah sits down and instantly notices lillian and he smiles at her. "are you lillian?" he asks. "yep. and you are?" elijah chuckles, "i'm elijah. you're literally the talk of the school right now. you've already gone through what? 4 guys?"

my jaw drops. "4 guys?" i stutter which sounds pathetic. "something like that." lillian confirms. i watch sierra as she flicks her eyes between all of us, the color draining out of her face. "sierra are you okay?" i suddenly ask. lillian and elijah stop talking, putting their attention on sierra now. "you aren't looking so hot." i continue.