seventeen

trinity west

"fuck ethan." i tell matthew as i tug on his hair. "won't he get mad if he finds out about our little thing." he pulls away from my lips for a second. "he has no right to be mad. he ended things. plus, it's not like you and i are together. we're just simply having fun with each other." i shrug.

he smirks, "damn right we're having fun." he flips us over so now i'm under him and he hungrily kisses my lips. i tug at his shirt and he takes it off, along with mine. soon, our clothes are on the floor and the room is filled with the sound of moans.
-
i stand up and throw back on my shirt. "see you at school." i wink and matthew chuckles, running his hands through his hair. "later, west." he smiles and my smile slightly drops at the nickname. but i quickly regain myself before matthew could tell something was up.

i salute to him in a joking manner and head home. when i pull up in my driveway my phone starts to ring. i look at the contact and roll my eyes, clicking deny. seconds later a text pops up on my lock screen. then another. and another.

i sigh and pick up my phone, reading them and scoffing.

ethan:
why aren't you answering me
we need to talk
trinity
read 8:27 pm

i turn off my phone so i don't get tempted to text him back. i have to stay strong. i kept telling myself i didn't need him anyways. although everytime he texted me or called me today i started to question if that was actually true.

it hasn't even been a full 24 hours since we 'broke up' and it feels insanely different. i take a deep breath in and a shaky breath out before i get out of my car, locking it as i head inside.

as soon as i shut the door i'm instantly tackled to the floor. "holy shit." i groan, my face getting smushed into the floor. "where have you been trinity?" i hear my dad ask and i push whoever was on me off me.

my eyes meet with my older sister's eyes. "kasey oh my gosh." my eyes well up with tears and i pull her into a tight hug. "how's college been?" i take in every minute i currently had with her.

kasey goes to yale in connecticut so we don't see her much anymore. "amazing. all my classes are fun and i've met my best friend and boyfriend this year." she exclaims and i smile for her. "how's school?" she asks, a slight frown forming on her face cause mine to fall.

i purse my lips together and shrug. "it's school. there's not really much to talk about." i pause, "so why are you here?" i change the subject before kasey could ask what was happening at school.

she's about to say something before my phone rings. i apologetically smile and pull out my phone, instantly scoffing and denying the call. it rings once again and i sent it once again. my phone then begins to go off with text notifications. all from ethan.

i look up at kasey and she's holding back a laugh. "someone's popular." she wiggles her eyebrows and judges me. "no, it's just this one guy keeps trying to talk to me and i'm really pissed off at him." i sigh while i shut off my phone, annoyed with how much ethan was currently texting me.

"spill. what did i miss?" we go upstairs to kasey's room and i sigh. this was supposed to be my room when she moved out but my parents suggested we keep it for when she has breaks and comes down to see us.

"he's just stupid." is all i say, sitting down on her beanbag chair. "what happened?" i bite the inside of my cheek, "he's just a player and he played me." i pause and then shake my head. "i played myself, actually."

kasey just stares at me, which sort of freaked me out since she usually always has shit to say. "well, show him who's boss. show him you don't give a fuck about him and you're a bad bitch. you can get any man you want and i mean that. make him jealous. play his game for a change."

i raise an eyebrow in the air and then smirk. "that's actually not a bad idea."
-
i pick out my outfit and put it on. consisting of black cargo jogger pants and a crop windbreaker jacket. i put on some high heel combat boots and look in the mirror, feeling proud of myself. i text matthew and tell him i was on my way to go pick him up.

ethan was going to regret ever 'leaving' me.
-
i make sure ethan is watching before i grab matthew's face and kiss him. he's shocked at first but then loses himself in the kiss, wrapping his arms around me and exploring my mouth with his tongue. "i'm gonna fuck you so hard when we get home." he growls into my ear, making me giggle.

"i'll only let you touch me if your hands are so full of intention that every caress of your hand feels as if you're writing a novel on my skin." i bite my lip and seductively look at him, seeing ethan staring at us in the in the corner of my eye.

"whatever you want." he pulls me into a kiss once again and i smile into it, tugging on his hair. "hey, get to class!" the hall monitor yells at us and i pull away, flustered but giddy. i wave my fingers as i watch matthew walk away. my eyes land on ethan when matthew's our of my sight.

he glares at me, looking as if he wanted to kill me. i smirk when he starts to walk my way. "what just happened with matthew?" his tone of voice genuinely terrified me. he was beyond pissed. "i'm just doing what you do best, dolan."

he scoffs, "i see what you're doing. you're playing my game now." i nod my head and he scans me up and down, trying not to show how affected he was getting. but i knew him. he was affected. "this 'new' you doesn't go you any good, west. you're acting like a slut. no one likes sluts." he sounds disgusted.

"what the fuck did you just say?" i try to ask calmly, hoping he didn't say what i think he just said. "you heard me. don't make me repeat myself." he rolls his eyes and i squint my eyes at him in disbelief. what a fucking asshole.

"you're kidding," i scoff. "you really had the audacity to call me a slut? we just broke up and the only guy i've been with since then has been matthew. i don't know how that just suddenly makes me a slut." he gulps and i glare at him. he opens his mouth to say something but i hold up my hand, warning him to keep his mouth shut.

"go fuck yourself, asshole." i turn on my heel and stomp off to class. i cant believe he really just called me a slut. who does he think he is?
-
i sit down with nate and some of his football friends at lunch, smiling as they all jokingly insult each other. i look at nate, admiring his face as he smiled and laughed along with his friends. i smile as he looks in my direction. he smiles back, turning all his attention on me suddenly.

"what's going on?" he asks, listening closely to everything i had to say. "i messed up. i didn't realize how much of a good guy you are. ethan was a dick and i didn't see what good was right in front of me. will you give me another chance?" i frown and he gives me a reassuring smile.

"i knew you'd come around." he leans in to give me a quick peck on my forehead. nate stands up, "i'm gonna go get some lunch." i smile up at him as he walks away and once he's out of sight i look back at the boys.

i hadn't even realized ethan was sitting across from me. he had heard everything and he looked as if he was about to explode.

the story is just beginning😈