six

trinity west

TUESDAY MORNING

i go through my closet, searching for a shirt. i pull out a olive green knit cami top and hold it up against me in my body mirror and smile, grabbing a pair of black distressed jeans and getting dressed.

i quickly put on my leather jacket and grab my phone and car keys, remembering i left my car at school and i would need to bring it back home after school. my phone goes off and i check it, seeing a text message from ethan. he was here.

i put on some combat boots and rush downstairs, quickly saying goodbye to my mom and stumbling out the door. i open the door to ethan's range rover and close it after i sat down. "so how are we going to walk in? as a 'couple' or just how friends normally do?" he looks at me and i shrug, shaking my head slightly before i admired his outfit. it wasn't much but he still managed to look effortlessly attractive.

he was wearing a navy blue tee shirt and black skinny jeans along with some black high top converse. i noticed he had a black titanium ring on his thumb and i admired it for a minute. i had never seen him wear it before, or at least i've never noticed him wearing it.

he caught a glimpse of me staring at the simple ring and raised a brow, "you like it?" "yeah, how come i've never seen you wearing it before?" i ask and his eyebrows knit together, "i always wear it. i'm surprised you're just noticing it now." he jokes and i keep watch on his facial expressions.

"i think we should walk in together," my voice came out in a whisper and it caught ethan off guard. "what?" "when we get there, we'll walk in hand in hand. i'm ready to start this game." i stutter and ethan reaches over and grabs my hand, keeping one hand on the steering wheel.

"i think we should kept it lowkey." he smiles at me. "yeah," i pause sucking in a breath. "yeah i know. that sounds alright." he gives me another small smile and i return one back before the car ride becomes silent.

my eyes travel from the window and down to my hand, that ethan was still holding tightly. i look away and watch as trees pass us in our way to school.
-
once we park in a empty parking lot i get out of the the car and head towards my parked car, ethan tagging along. i unlock the car and reach inside, grabbing my backpack and shutting the door again, making sure to lock it.

i went to grab ethan's hand but stopped myself, remembering that we were going to keep this lowkey. i awkwardly move my hand to move my hair out of my face, making it seem like i wasn't going to reach for his hand. "what's your first period?" he asks and i look around, searching for sierra.

"gym." i sigh and he snickers. i ask him what his first period was and he replies with math. when we walk into the school, some people occasionally whisper stuff to their friends as they eye me and ethan walking down the hallway together. "thanks for the ride, by the way." i say once we get to my locker and he nods his head, saying it was no problem.

i close my locker after i put my backpack in there. i turn to face ethan and he holds up his fist and roll my eyes, a smile spreading on my face as i push my fist onto his and bring it back wiggling my fingers causing us to laugh out loud.

"i'll see you later." he winks and i slide my hands into my back pockets, smiling warmly at him and telling him to meet me outside by the bleachers during lunch and he nods before turning on his heel and walking away.

i bite my lip as i see nate walking my way and quickly face the other way and start walking to the gym, hoping nate wouldn't see me walking off. luckily he didn't and i got to the locker rooms just in time to change and quickly run into the gym.

the bell rings not a second later and my teacher gives me a cold glare before informing us about the things we would be doing today.
-
i can make out a figure in the distance and i squint my eyes, trying to tell if it was ethan. i walk faster to the bleachers in the back of the school and ethan is playing around with a keychain and once he spots me he stops swinging it around and smiles.

"i'm missing a good ass lunch for this, west." he growls and i giggle. "we need to talk about this." i say moving my fingers between him and i. "there's nothing else to talk about. we already went over everything. we're doing just that but keeping it lowkey. i don't want people thinking i'm actually taken."

the way he said the last sentence made my heart start racing and my blood begin to boil. i wanted to scream at him that his reputation was a joke and he needed to get over himself but i contained myself. "whatever, ethan. if that's what you want, then it's what you got."

i didn't want to piss him off, i've seen what happens to people when they piss him off. i back away from ethan and make my way back inside. my eyes wander around the cafeteria and eventually they land on just the person i was looking for.

i ended up sitting next to nate and his football friends during lunch, since sierra was no where to be found today. elijah on the other hand had lunch detention for letting nasty words fly out of his math during an argument with our gym teacher this morning.

i decided to pull out my phone and find out where my best friend was.

me:
why aren't you here today?

she responds seconds later.

sierra:
my mom found out about friday night. someone left their clothes in my parents room so my mom's making me deep clean the whole house💀

me:
yikes, praying for you.
anywhore, who knew lunch would be sooo much more boring without my annoying ass bestfriend?

sierra:
because without me everything is just not as fun, you can't deny that.
is elijah not there either?

me:
whatever floats your boat.
and no, he's here but he got lunch detention.

sierra:
he's dumb. what did he do now

me:
cussed out mr. jones today in gym. it was not pretty.

sierra:
why am i not surprised 😂

me:
cause it's nothing new. he gets lunch detention at least once every week and it's almost always cause of something he did in gym.

sierra:
true.
i should get going if i want to get a decent amount of sleep tonight. bye trinity, i'll see you tomorrow
peaceeee (˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

me:
bye weirdo, love yaAA <333

this was a lame chapter, i'm sorry lol but the next chapter is.. fun