Chapter 11

Tum did not know how long he had been sitting there stunned, with no sense of anything but his baby brother Tar dancing. He was sure that the crowd was cheering and encouraging him and clapping, singing along. Some were also making mildly suggestive comments but Tum was focused only on his brother and Tar in turn did not leave Tum's gaze. Tum was really shocked as to how his cute nong had turned into this hot little pie, especially after everything that he had experienced in the past. The elder brother had thought that Tar would never be able to go out like this, in places where there would be huge crowds and people behaving all irrationally. Tum knew this was all because of those two Piis and just the thought of P'Type and Tharn made his blood boil. The anger brought him out of his stance and he started thinking of how he could stop this charade.

"He is one sexy bitch, isn't he?" Tum's head snapped to the side to see P'Tharn standing there, smirking at him. That is when Tum realized that the entire pub was watching his brother. All and men and women were looking at Tar dancing and admiring him. Many were hooting and leering at his baby brother, as well. Tum's felt his anger shoot up and he felt himself move on his own. Tar was now dancing to the very popular 'Gashina' song and people were cheering louder now.

Tum rushed to the dance floor, taking his jeans jacket off along the way. He immediately wrapped the jacket around Tar's shoulders and pushed him in front of him, so they could get out of the place. He could hear people starting to 'boo' him but he didn't care. What surprised him was that Tar pushed him away and refused to go with him.

"What are you doing?" Tar said as he moved away fro,m his brother.

Tum was shocked at Tar's action, "Baby, let Pii take you home. All this ..its enough, now. Come on!" Tar shook his head violently, "I want to stay and have fun. I was having so much fun, you just had to ruin it!"

"Nong, look, I know...if you wanted to go dancing, why didn't you tell me? I would have taken you and your friends and my friends. We could have made it a night. But this, like this, without telling me anything..here, in this place..with, well.."

"Leave me alone! You will never understand me! Always treating me like a child!" Tar spread his hands wide and the jacket dropped to the floor, "Look at me Pii! Every woman, and man here can see I'm a young and attractive man. Look at me, Pii..why can't you see me??!" When Tum didn't respond Tar rubbed at his tearful eyes and stormed off. Tum moved to follow his brother, but Tharn stopped him and went ahead instead.

Tum was standing there stunned, mouth gaping until he heard someone say something like, "Shows over now! Go back to your own thing!". He felt a hand on his shoulder and knew it was Type who was pushing him towards a seat in the secluded corner.

"Why did you do this Pii? Why? Why did you hide this from me?? Tell me Pii!!"

Type snorted, "Again, you are asking the wrong questions, nong!"

Tum's eyes flared with anger, "Stop with your puzzles ! Give it to me straight. What was thiss all about?"

Type sighed, "This was to show you that N'Tar is not your baby brother anymore. He's a grown young man, who knows what he wants."

"I know he's not a child! Why show me?"

"Why indeed!" Tum shook his head.

"Nong, did you listen to what Tar said on the dance floor? Think about it."

Tum frowned, " He said that he was not a child and that all men and women saw him as an attractive person..and and.."

"And?"

"He asked me why I couldn't see him..I don't understand. You know the depth of my feeling for Tar. How can I not see him? He's beautiful.."

"If you see him nong, why don't you act like it?"

"P'Type! He's my baby brother!"

"Yes, he's your brother but he's no longer a baby! And tell me frankly, if you love him so much, how are you able to control yourself when you are sharing a bed every night? I can only imagine how painful that must be.."

"How did you know...Tar told you. Why? What is it that he wants?"

Type shook his head at how oblivious Tum was. "N'Tum, first tell me do you know what you want?"

Tum stared at the older man in confusion. Type continued when Tum didn't say anything, "Look here. I have told you so many times that you should confess to N'Tar."

Type waved his hand when Tum started to protest, "It is not a matter of whether Tar will be repulsed by you, or if he might just return your feelings. It is the question of whether you are willing to take that tiny chance at your happiness and if you will keep up to N'Tar's expectations if he does accept. Will you panic and run away if Tar feels the same towards you or you will be brave for your brother, forget all social convictions and give him the happiness e deserves.Tell me N'Tum. Better yet, don't tell me. Think about it and make a decision. Tharn messaged me that he has sent N'Tar home safely. You should go too and talk it out with your brother. Okay?" Tum swallowed but nodded. He took the long way home so he could have more time to think about everything.