Chapter 7

AN: I thought Podd would look good as Tharn with Earth as Type..

___________________________________________________________

It was Friday evening and Tum found himself waiting for P'Type and Tharn at a cozy little restaurant. Tar was sitting beside him perusing the menu card. Ever since Tar had revealed everything to Tum, the dynamic between the two brothers had changed drastically. They had gotten closer than they had ever been. They spent hours and hours together over the past week, just talking or going bowling or bicycling around the city. Tum felt satisfied and happy that he had his brother back. They had also talked about their two seniors and Tum had accepted that he should not be angry at them and even thank them. So here they were, waiting for the two seniors to arrive so they could talk about everything in open. Tum kept glancing at his brother and whenever the younger looked back he would give a shy smile. Tum was happy that his brother had settled down and seemed very much at peace now.

Tum was brought out of his thoughts when two tall shadows loomed over their table. He glanced up and immediately stood up to wai at the seniors as Tar too did the same.

"Waddee, waddee..Nongs. It's good to see you two again," P'Type said. They four took their time to settle down at the table and order some drinks to go along with their shabu-shabu.

It was P'Tharn who broke the silence, "N'Tar, you look better today. Your fluffy cheeks are pink again.."

Tum visibly stiffened at the Pii's teasing as Tar whined, "Pii..what are you saying na..!"

Type grinned and Tharn chuckled, "You know I can't help teasing you, you know that nong."

"N'Tum, don't be like that, ok. Tharn has always been like this with your brother. Earlier, even I would be jealous but now I know, it's just harmless," Type said, trying to assure the older sibling. Tum nodded. Although he was not completely comfortable he didn't want to cause trouble.

Tharn asked Tum, "So, I am guessing this dinner is because of something important?" Tar started fidgeting and Tum swallowed nervously.

The older brother nodded slightly, "Pii...I am sorry for how I behaved towards you. Tar ..he opened up to me. He went through something so horrible and I was not there for him. But now I know, the two of you helped him all throughout the thing. I am grateful that he had two people he could trust with him when he needed most.."

Tharn waved his hand, "It's okay nong. We were there so we did the best we could. Type assured me that you would come running if we informed you but your brother is a stubborn and didn't want to trouble you.."

Tum nodded furiously, "Yes Pii.. I am so sorry that I never knew anything! I blamed the two of you for all of Tar's issues and when I realized.."

"Pii was very angry with Tar for not contacting him. He felt guilty for not being there for me and he was furious with me.." Tar interrupted his older brother.

Tum immediately took Tar's hands in his and rubbed them slightly "Baby, I am not angry with you! Please understand. I just never want you to be alone..whatever happens. Okay? I want to always be there for you N'Tar.." Tar nodded and looked at his brother. Meeting his brother's eyes Tum couldn't help but smile.

On the other side of the table, Type felt a bubbling hope looking at the two brothers interact and smiled. He thought that finally the two brothers had found the courage to take the next step in their relationship. However, he didn't say anything and waited patiently for the brother to tell them.

Tharn, who was now cooling down a piece of sliced pork said, "It's good to see that we are all in the know of things now. I am happy that the two of you have sorted all of your misunderstanding." Tum and Tar nodded and smiled at the older man who showed a supportive smile.

The four of them continued small talk and chatting about various other topics including Tar furthering his education in Thailand or return to France and Tum once again starting on his music. It was when Tar excused himself citing nature's call is that Type found an opening to talk to Tum alone.

The senior didn't waste any time and asked Tum smiling, "So? I can see that the two of you are..close..now?"

Tum blushed, "Pii..it's not like that. I am just glad he could open up to me and feels secure enough to rely on me now.."

Type frowned, "Nong, please tell me you confessed your feeling for him?"

Tum looked down and shook his head slightly. "Oh Nong! I told you so many times..You must be honest with him. Please trust me when I say, he needs you more than a brother right now. You must make the first step too.."

Tum shook his head furiously, No Pii. He's still so fragile. He has nightmares still..I can't ..Besides, he just relived the whole thing to tell me about it. I can't right now..please! Just give me some time.."

Type nodded reluctantly. Tum did have a point. Type was about to say something more when Tharn touched his arm in warning and indicated that Tar was coming back. The younger brother smiled widely as he took his seat besides Tum. The four continued chatting amicably, which also included some funny stories about Tar's time in France and some exciting times shared in the past.

As the four felt comfortable and started enjoying their time, they didn't even realize when it was time to split and go back home. The seniors hugged Tar as they said goodbye. While Tharn teased his Nong and didn't forget to pinch his cheek, Tum was taken by surprise as Type suddenly hugged him.

Type patted Tum's back and whispered, "Believe me when I say this nong that you are the only one for Tar. But he is a gem that everyone desires. Act fast, or else..." Tum stiffened at what the senior was implying. Type pulled back smirking, he knew he had gotten through to Tum.

Once Tum drove home, Tar was exhausted. The two brothers headed to take showers in their respective bathrooms and get ready for bed. However, when Tum came out wearing a towel, he was surprised to see Tar sitting on the edge of his bed in his sleepwear.

"Tar! I didn't realize you were here. Is there something wrong?" Tar looked at his brother shyly and blushed at Tum's half naked state. He shook his head but kept his eyes on the ground and started fidgeting his fingers. Tum decided there was something that Tar wanted to talk about, so e excused himself for a minute grabbed his pajamas and returned to the bathroom to dress. He came back and sat beside Tar, hugging his shoulder and repeated, "Tar, is there something you want to talk about?"

Tar looked up and met his brother's soft eyes, "Umm..Pii..I just..I wanted to..CanISleepWithYouHere?"

Tum couldn't understand what Tar had mumbled so quickly. He saw Tar blushing furiously like he was embarrassed, but Tum needed to know, "Tar, please. I didn't get that..you can tell me anything.."

Tar took a deep breath, "Pii..Can ..can I sleep..here..with you..?" Tum chuckled, hearing Tar ask so softly, it was almost inaudible.

"Of course Tar. Piiis happy to share his bed with you. You can sleep here...as long as you wishto..Pii promised to take care of you, right?" Tum asked the last part as helifted Tar's chin. The younger brother smiled happily and scrammed up the bed.He excitedly lifted the blanket so both of them could get under it. When Tumwas settled comfortably, Tar hugged him closely, his arms around Tum's neck.Tum felt his breath hitch, but he forced himself to calm down. He placed agentle hiss on his younger brother's forehead who was already drifting off.While for Tar this was the most peaceful sleep he had ever had, Tum stayedawake the whole night, as he couldn't take his eyes off the beautiful angel inhis arms.