Chapter 6

AN: So a much lighter tone today. 

Tum couldn't believe how strong Tar had been to go through all this alone. The older brother couldn't sleep at all. His mind was going in circles thinking about what his baby had suffered. He was angry and sad and proud and guilt ridden all at the same time. He didn't know what to feel now. He watched his angel sleep in his arms and promised himself that he wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt Tar ever again. He would protect and take care of his little brother all his life, even if it meant never to reveal his feelings and watching his brother move on in his life. Tum decided he would be happy for Tar even when he found someone to love. His baby brother would not be alone anymore. No more.

Tum couldn't understand how the two Piis fit into the entire scene, but he understood that it was too painful for Tar to have confessed so far. He would wait for Tar to tell him further. Tum sighed and brushed Tar's hair softly, before laying back and closing his eyes, although sleep evaded him.

It was still dark when Tum felt Tar stir. He was glad that Tar didn't have any nightmares like he used to at home. Tar slowly opened his eyes and looked at his big brother, hips curling into a small smile. Tum felt a surge of happiness and pride swell up inside him. This was his baby, still able to smile and laugh after everything that he had to go through. Tum smiled back and brought Tar closer to him. It was Tar's stomach growling that made the two brothers break apart.

Tum chuckled and Tar pouted at him. "We didn't get to eat our food last night. Its only obvious you are hungry.."

Tar mock glared at his brother who was now checking his phone. "How are you feeling Tar?"

Tar nodded, "Surprisingly, I feel good. It is like a weight has been lifted off my chest. Are you okay Pii..?"

Tum smiled and pulled his brother in a tight hug and nodded. "I didn't have to go through what you did Tar! How could you remain so strong? How did you do it? I am so proud of you and happy that you fought so hard so I have you in my arms today. I don't think I would have survived if I had lost you, my baby."

Tar could feel his brother crying. "I am here Pii..Im here. I am not going anywhere now."

"Damn right, you are not! You are not going anywhere away from me. Promise me, you won't push me away like that ever again. Promise me Tar!"

"Pii..yes. I promise." Both stayed like that for a while, until Tar couldn't take it anymore and felt his stomach growling again.

Tum let go of Tar and headed out towards the stairs, "Come brother mine. It's just past six now. Let's go get some food into you." Tar chuckled and followed his brother.

It was about forty minutes later that the two brothers found themselves in a tiny diner that served food outdoors. While Tum ordered some spicy Khao Tom with sweet soymilk, Tar wanted crepes with sticky sauce and mango fruit salad. When t esteeming hot food arrived both tucked in with zeal, sharing and taking bites off each other's dishes. It felt familiar, like before. This bond was what the two had been missing and seemed like they would be back to it.

After a while Tum decided to ask Tar for more information. "umm...N'Tar..then what happened?"

Tar visibly stiffened but relaxed before answering, "Umm..i was lucky..P'Tharn and Type were returning..they took the path I was attacked on. They were late and the boys had already long gone but they saw me and rushed me to the hospital.."

Tar saw Tum face lighten up with realization. He continued, "Don't be mad at them Pii..They were very supportive of me. They took care of me when I needed someone. That is why I am close to them now as well.. Both of them even called me in France, asking after me.. I just.."

Tum's eyes stormed with rage, "Dammit Tar! Why didn't they call me? Tell me Tar, did they think I wouldn't rush back? Or was incapable of taking care of you? Why didn't they call me Tar, when you needed me ..Me! Not them, you needed ME..your brother!"

"Pii..Please! they kept insisting that I should call you..But I refused and threatened them that if they called you I would run away from the hospital and they would not find me ever.. I was weak, but I had recovered enough to walk around..So they didn't have a choice."

Tum took Tar's hands in his, "Why, baby brother? Why didn't you want me there? Haven't I always been there for you?"

Tar bowed his head, unable to meet his brother's caring eyes, "Pii..I was so ..embarrassed. I was dirty and broken. I didn't want you to see me like that..even now...I feel like ..like you shouldn't be touching me..My body and soul is impure...it's not.."

"Tar stop. Look at me please.." When Tar met his eyes Tum smiled, "Baby brother, you are just as beautiful and angelic as always. You my bay, my heart, always ..You hear me? Always. And now don't you dare think that what happened was your fault in anyway or it tainted you. Don't you dare, you understand? You are still the innocent little baby..No matter how old you are, you will always be my baby brother, my nong. Okay?"

Tar wiped away thetears that were forming in his eyes, took in a deep breath and gave a smallnod. He felt content hearing his brother's genuine words. He could now let goof all the guilt and sadness he had been holding in. His Pii was with him nowand that's all he needed to move on and focus on achieving his dreams.