Chapter 3

Hey guys,

So I want to first of all apologies for such a late update, but know that this story has not been abandoned. Past six months have been hell as my real life has been creating havoc. My husband lost his job due to health problems and this pushed me into depression. Then it was discovered that my husband's heart had some issue, and he had to go through open heart surgery. He is doing good, but I'm still struggling with the financial side of things. It is only this week that I could bring myself to write. But good news is..I'm back to it and will be posting regularly. 

Thank you so much for all the support from my readers.

Without further ado: Chapter 3 

________________________________________________________________________

It was Monday afternoon when a restless Tum walked away from his classes in search for a tall, dark and handsome senior. He had had a very anxious weekend. Ever since his talk with P'Type, Tum had been thinking constantly about the incidents that happened before Tar decided to go to France. Some things now that he thought about it didn't add up. Tum was well aware of Tar's fascination with P'Tharn who was tutoring him in statistics. He knew Tar spent a lot of time with the senior and his brother had not given a clear answer when Tum had asked if the two were dating. Tar's evasion had Tum assume that the two were indeed dating. However, the whole breakup thing was confusing as hell. He didn't even understand how P'Type fit into the picture. He had thought that P'Tharn had cheated on his brother and that is the reason why Tar had been affected on such a deep level. He had gone into depression and had been hospitalized that evening. Tum had found out that both the seniors had visited Tar in the hospital. But why? If they were the cause of Tar's problems, why did they check on him and why did they still have such a good relationship with his nong. He now definitely knew he was missing some huge chunks of information.

Another thing that was baffling was Tar's nightmares. He was not at all aware that his brother was still suffering from them. Tar had had couple of nightmares during the weekend. They were not as intense as they used to be when they started, but they were just as scary. Also, since they were milder now, Tum had paid close attention and realized what Tar kept saying the same few words, rather than full on screaming like he used to. Now that Tum could make out the words, he was even more confused. Tar had kept saying things like, "Don't touch me. Let me go. Don't..No..please..leave me alone. Stop. Don't touch me.." What had happened? What was going on? He strode towards where P'Type was usually seen hanging out, determined to get all his answers. He would not take no for answer today.

However, as he was reaching the spot he was surprised by the scene playing out in front of him. There stood P'Tharn talking to his beloved brother. Tum didn't like this one bit. The way the senior was standing, slightly closer than necessary and leaning down to reach Tar's height felt wrong. He couldn't hear what the two were discussing but he saw Tar nodding slightly and looking down shyly at something that the senior was saying. P'Tharn then placed a hand on the younger man's shoulder and that is when Tum jerked into action. He rushed the few blocks to where the two were standing and called out, "Tar! What are you doing here..?"

Tar turned around shocked. It was clear that the young man had not expected to run into his brother and that just stabbed at Tum's heart even more. Tum was now standing alongside his brother and in front of the senior. Tar came out of his shock and waied his brother.

"Sawadee Krab, P'Tharn." Tum said and the senior nodded and returned the greeting.

"N'Tum, I haven't seen you around much lately. How is life treating you?" Tum managed to maintain a cool exterior, although he was burning in anger at the closeness that the senior was displaying towards Tar. Tharn also had not moved his hand from Tar's shoulder yet.

"I am doing good Pii. Especially happy to have Tar back here, with me." Tum said smiling at Tar who returned a shy smile of his own.

Tum asked, "But Pii..You haven't come to the college ever since you started to intern. What brings you here today?"

Tharn chuckled slightly at obvious challenge in Tum's tone, "Oh, N'Type mentioned that Tar would meet him this afternoon here, so I thought I should drop by as well. It's been a while since I saw this little nong in town." P'Tharn said as he grinned and ruffled Tar's hair affectionately. Tum saw red and he pushed Tharn's hand away forcefully. P'Tharn smirked and that only angered Tum even more.

"Tar, let's go. I will buy you lunch, come on." Tum said as he took the younger man's hand and made to pull it. However, Tar snatched his arm back, "But, P'Tum, I still have to see P'Type.."

Suddenly, it was as if something had snapped within Tum. He turned and glared at his brother, who cowered slightly at the ferocious look, "What is wrong with you? These two guys are at the core of all your problems! Why do you still insist on being close to them!? Why?"

Tar backed away a step and just mumbled, "They are not the cause of my problems Pii..But they were the only ones there for me through it all.." Tum couldn't take it anymore. He moved ahead, lifted Tar's face by the chin and forced the younger man to meet his eyes. He leaned in, their faces just inches apart. "What are you hiding from me Tar? Why is it that these two strangers know more about you than your own brother? What can't you tell me? Your Brother? Huh? Why can't you let me be there for you? What are you so afraid of, Tar? Tell me, Tar! Answer Me!!" Tar, whose eyes were glistening with tears by now, swallowed and closed his eyes. A single tear trailed down his soft cheek, as he tried to get a hold of himself.

"I think, it is time you open up to your brother N'Tar." The voice was clear, strong and confident. No one realized when P'Type had joined them but it must have been somewhere along Tum's outburst. Tar moved back and turned to see the older man by his side. When younger man's eyes filled with panic and he started shaking his head vigorously, P'Type came forward and took Tar by the shoulder. "N'Tar, you are one brave kid. Believe me when I say, your brother will give you everything you need. All you have to do now is be strong enough to have faith in him and rely on him. He's the only family you trust. You need to give him this chance to prove himself.." P'Type nodded. When looked up he saw P'Tharn nodding as well.

P'Type handed Tar over to his lover, and took Tum aside. "Hurt him in anyway and you will have to face the two of us, do you understand nong?"

Tum stuttered, "Why would I..I won't ever..Okay. Yes. I understand."

"Good. Don't be overbearing. Take him to his favorite place. Make him relax and slowly open up on his own. Don't push. Also, first listen to everything he has to say and then support him. Your brother has been through enough already. Okay. You may also want to take tomorrow off and just be there for Tar. He may need you." Tum nodded.

"Good. Also, not right away, but when the two of you settle down in to a newfound relationship, when you feel like Tar is relying on you much more comfortably, you might want to return the favor and tell him ..your secret." P'Type chuckled seeing the panicked look on Tum's face.

"Any relationship is a two-way street nong. You will be surprised at what you might gain. Just think about it, okay?" Tum reluctantly nodded. P'Type patted Tum's shoulder, "Good.Now go. Take Tar before he panics again and changes his mind.." Tum was just happy to oblige.