epilogue ▬▬▬ we can go home

━━━━━ THE THREE MADE it back down to the group, Conrad lifted his hands up

      ━━━━━ THE THREE MADE it back down to the group, Conrad lifted his hands up. "Don't shoot." Conrad called out as he, Jo-Ann and Mason came into their line of sight.

"Conrad, which way are we going?" Brooks asked him.

"You three need to go back to the boat. It's that way." Conrad informed them, motioning his hand in the direction they needed to go. "Wait for us till dawn. If we're not back by then, just go." Conrad looked over at Jo-Ann. She had accepted her father whether it was to die on this island or go home.

Brooks scoffed, looking away from them, "you ain't gotta twist my arm." Brooks said, grabbing his bag.

"Where are you three going?" Marlow asked, looking at them.

Jo-Ann and Mason looked over at Conrad as he looked at them. Then Conrad placed his eyes back on Marlow.

"We're going to save Kong." He said.

"Now without me, pal." Marlow replied. In the distance they could hear Kong roaring. Jo-Ann looked around still hearing his echo.

"Kong!" She shouted, taking off running, leaving the others behind. She shoved her gun over her shoulder, and ran through the trees trying to get to Kong.

"Jo!" Conrad shouted as the three ran after her.

The brunette picked up her pace pulling, eventually pulling her gun off her shoulder as she and the others came out of the trees. She held her gun up towards Packard, as Conrad did the same thing, they stood in between Kong and Packard.

"Packard!" Conrad shouted, gaining the man's attention.

Jo-Ann looked around as each of the men lifted their weapons towards the three. Marlow came up behind them, pulling out the sword and his gun holding it to the men.

"Don't do it." Conrad told him.

"I asked you fellas nice the first time." Marlow told them.

"We don't wanna fight here, Packard."

"This thing brought us down! It killed my men!" Packard fought back.

"He was protecting those creatures from those Crawlers!" Jo-Ann shouted, causing Packard to look at her.

"Kong was just defending his territory, Jo-Ann is right." Conrad told him.

"We are soldiers! We do the dirty work so our families and our countrymen don't have to be afraid! They shouldn't even know a thing like this exists!" Packard pointed at Kong when he said that last part.

"You've lost your mind." Jo-Ann announced through gritted teeth.

"Put that detonator down."

Packard, however, did not do that. He walked towards Conrad and Jo-Ann looking at both of them with anger plastered on his face. Coming to a stop, he pressed the button. Jo-Ann watched as the light turned on indicating the detonator was ready for use.