Chapter 11 // Tears

Lena sat down on their bed. She just had a bath with a very naked Kara, which was- unique. It wasn't bad. But it was relaxing and... just new. Lena sighed and put her head in her hands, she might had some distraction but now it's all gone. Now it all felt wrong again.

Some time ago she put the twins to bed, alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy?" Lori started "What is wrong?"

Lena sighed and kinda expected something like this. Lena looked at Krypto in his basket and said: "I- It is hormones, you remember when we told you two that we were having a baby?" They both nodded "Well, some bad thing is that my hormones, my emotions and things like that, are worse than ever. I could cry any second."

They both nodded and Liam said "If that happens, mommy, we will both be here. So- No need to worry." Lena nodded and kissed them both on the head and with that she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lena looked at the picture on her nightstand again. It was the perfect world... but so fake. It had everything she wished for: Kara and a family. So she sighed and decided that she should just live with it. What was the saying? YOLO right? Yes... yes... You Only Live Once, so that meant that she would make the most of her life. She would enjoy this while it lasts and after that- She wouldn't know.

Suddenly Kara was next to her, on the bed. Lena sighed so Kara pulled her close again. The first thing Lena said after quite some silence was "Do you ever think about it?"

"About what?"

"About the day I declared my love?"

"Every single day."

They stayed silent for a second before Kara spoke: "Do you?"

"Yes- I- uh- I am surprised that it turned out this way. I always hoped for you and a family but now-now I got so much more." Kara sighed and placed a kiss on Lena's head. Suddenly Lena spoke up, sounding broken "I'm scared."

Kara almost shot up and quickly asked: "Why?"

"I-Lillian. I just don't trust her. She hates our children- she hates me and you. So she would do something. But what? And when?"

Kara slowly nodded and said "You are right. And you have a reason to be scared. But let me ask you, would you live or would you survive?"

Lena thought for a second before answering "Live."

"That means that you need to ignore it mostly and just live your life. If we are going to be scared all day we won't live. We won't see the world. We won't change the world. And we both know that you are capable of it. So Lena, live."

Lena slowly nodded and gulped her saliva down. For some reason it felt so real what Kara said, so true. But it- it was. Kara spoke the truth and the truth only. She showed Lena another way, another choice.

Lena sighed and commented, "When did you grow so wise?"

Kara chuckled and said "I learned from the best and the best only, you. I know we missed some time of our lives because of Liam and Lori. But you- it looked like you did all of it without a problem. And I caught up with you. So Lena- normally, which will be back soon, you will be this way to a wise and perfect human," Lena started to protest but Kara just raised her voice a little bit "And yes, maybe I see everything a bit different. And am madly in love with you. But hey, it is safe to say that I can see some things clearly. And this is absolutely one of them."

Lena's vision became blurry since she was on the verge of tears. She let out a wet chuckle and swatted Kara's arm saying "Flatterer." Kara just laughed and quickly placed a kiss on Lena's head again.

Lena knew this all was fake and temporary- but she-she loved it. Every single part of it. From the caring Kara to the great children. But most importantly the love she received. Lena sighed in content and with that the door flung open. In shock, Lena quickly stood up from her bed and was face to face with none other than her mother, Lillian Luthor.

Through gritted teeth and voice filled with hate, Lena said "Mother."

"Lena. Always the disappointment I see."

Lena chuckled "Well, I am not the person who will be in jail. That's all on you."

Lillian tuts and shakes her head "No, no. We both know they won't find me."

Lena looked at Kara who was standing quite ready to fight. When she looked back Lillian had a raised gun in her hands, pointing at Kara. "There are kryptonite bullets in this gun. So say goodbye to your trash."

Lena chuckled and moved forward "Lovely day, isn't it? You know? I had my family over, played with my children. And had a game night with again my family. And where were you? Not there. You know what you are? Not family. But that leaves the last question," Lillian suddenly moved her hands, pointing the gun at Lena. Lena almost gulped her saliva down but kept it at bay "What are you? I don't know you enough to be acquaintances. So? Are you awful mother? Or are you just trash?" Lena looked at Kara and said "I think the latter. Since you made it clear that you weren't my mother my whole life."

Lena turned her head back and smoke was seen. Lillian's arms moved up. Lena gasped, she didn't expect her to shoot. But she did. Lena's vision became blurry, her ears started ringing. But most importantly her hands grasped her lower abdomen. Her hands drenched in blood. Suddenly she was being picked up and moved fairly quickly. The last thing she remembered saying was "Thank you."

Which earned a protest from her hero, but she couldn't hear it anymore. She slowly closed her eyes. And with that, it ended.

Edited by: Anonymous