Chapter 2 // The Bed Room

Lena felt something warm beside her and slowly curled around it. The warmth being something unfamiliar didn't faze her yet. She felt something moving around on her head and sighed, content, when she felt that it was somebody massaging her scalp. And with that she shot up, eyes wide open, looking around.

She felt arms around her, and then somebody pulled her back against their own body. Lena's breaths were short while her eyes darted around the room. She was in some sort of bedroom, which was definitely bigger than her own room. Finally, she started to hear something, a soft voice just behind her, the person who was holding her. "Lena, it's okay. Just relax, we are alright. Everything is okay." The person that sounded quite much like Kara kept on assuring her everything was okay.

But it absolutely wasn't, everything was wrong. But that person, whoever it was, was helping because minutes later, Lena started to calm down. Lena felt something press against her hair and guessed it was the lips of the person behind her. She shuddered at the contact and hugged her knees. She looked down at her body and almost yelped. Because it had changed- she had changed.

Those strong arms were still holding her, and Lena, Lena almost loved the touch. somebody holding her like this. Not many people would touch her or hold her, the only one who would do it was her best friend Kara. The person behind her sighed and spoke up after some time of silence, "Are you okay Lena? Do I need to get some water?"

Lena shook her head and finally gave in, she relaxed her shoulders and accepted that whoever this person was cared. A bit broken, since it was so- unique, for Lena to be cared for, she said. "Just- hold me."

She felt the person behind her nod, and the bed moved a bit up and down. Lena thought she was in shock because she acted so- normal, cold. It felt so familiar even though she wasn't herself. But the person did call her Lena, and that meant? She didn't know.

Minutes later, the person behind her let go. So, Lena slowly sat beside the person against the headboard of the bed and looked at the person now beside her. She almost gasped, because next to her was none other than Kara Danvers, her best friend, only a bit older. Lena quickly looked away, her breathing a bit too fast again.

Kara's hand found Lena's knee, when Lena looked back at Kara, who was smiling just a little bit, Kara said, "Lena, honey. It's okay, you can tell me if this nightmare was a bit too awful for you. I promised all those years ago, that I would always be there for you." It was right, Kara made that promise some days ago when Lena got bullied by none other than Mike Matthews.

Lena nodded and gulped her saliva down, she quickly looked in front of her. Kara squeezed her knee and continued, "Look, I know everything feels awful right now, with your mother's trial coming up. But I will be there for you, every step of the way. Just like I was at Lex' trial." Lena slowly let her mouth fall open, because Lex had a trial? She didn't know that. "And I am still very grateful that you helped me and all those others. Your mother thought your loyalties laid with the Luthors, but we both know it has never been with them, not since me."

Lena slowly nodded, Kara was probably speaking the truth, but she couldn't trust this Kara yet. Not when Lena didn't know where she was. So, she asked "Kara, have you seen my phone?"

Kara smiled at her and leaned in. She placed a chaste kiss on Lena's lips and mumbled, "On your nightstand, babe. Don't work, it's your day off." Lena nodded and quickly looked beside her to hide her cheeks that were getting quite red. Lena quickly grabbed her phone from the charger and got in, luckily, she still had the same code, Kara's birthday.

She immediately saw some sort of agenda filled with appointments. She quickly went to her contacts and saw names like 'Alex Danvers' and 'Sam Arias' but she saw a name which kinda shocked her at first, 'Lucy Danvers'. She took a sharp intake of breath which Kara must have heard because she asked, "What is so shocking babe?" Kara sat closer and looked with her at her phone. "Ow Lucy, but they have been married for quite some time. So- Lena?" Kara looked at her, "Are you alright?"

Lena shook her head in sign of 'no', so Kara put a hand on her cheek and asked, "What is wrong? Are- Are you having problems with your memory again? Because- That means we need to go to Alex as soon as possible." Lena nodded, maybe Alex can help her, since she was always the smarter one of the two.

Kara quickly stood up and ran to a room, she yelled over her shoulder, "Just- Stay there, I am going to grab some clothes. And I will call David." 'Who the hell is David', thought Lena. Kara's head popped up from around the corner and said, "David is your driver, as Thomas is mine." Lena slowly nodded and looked at her phone again. Suddenly she saw it, her right hand. A wedding ring, she gasped and looked around the room. She saw some frames and slowly stood up and walked towards it.

She looked at the white frame, and tried to focus on the picture only for it to be quite blurry. So, she took a step closer, only for the picture to become blurrier. So, she took two steps back and finally saw the whole picture, a quite young-looking Kara, probably around twenty-one, holding two babies. Kara was smiling brightly, while looking at the camera. It was the perfect picture. Suddenly, the door to Lena's right opened, possibly the door to the hall. Lena quickly turned around and in came a child, probably not older than three. Out of nowhere there was another child next to him, a girl around the same age. The girl practically squealed and yelled "Mommy!" And with that Lena couldn't take any more of it. The world around her turned black as she fell to the ground.

Edited by: Kahlanaamnell