Parental Units

Hazel backed away from the body. "I was too late." She sighed taking a seat on Zuri's bed. "You should have brought her straight to me why didn't you?" Resting her head in her hands she let out a groan. "They're going to shut down the camp..." Her words were that of sincerity, Camp Kikiwaka was her home. 

Lou took a moment to think about what had just happened. Had her neglect, her paranoia, hindered her from giving Emma the help she needed? "Did I kill my best friend?" Her hushed whisper tone sent chills down everyone's spine. Hazel blew a strand of hair out of her eyes as she stood up and crossed the room to look her life long colleague in the face. "Don't you dare think that for even a second." She demanded. "Someone is going after our friends... we need to stop them."

Zuri stepped between the two of them to glare at Hazel. "How do we know you didn't poison her? What if she's working for them..." Her words centered on the kids around her Jorge, Tiffany, Lou. They all looked to Emma's dead body resting on her own bed. 

"Hazel why are you in Wood Chuck Cabin after dark." Her mother's wicked voice came from the frame of the door. Everyone nearly jumped out of their skins as they turned to face her. "You too Jorge, back to bed." 

"Gladys..." Lou walked up to her. "Emma is dead. Griff is dead. Ravi is in the infirmary. Where have you been? All of the other campers are locked inside the mess hall you need to call someone." Taking charge was the only thing that made sense to her. She felt like she had failed Emma. She could see the distraught look on Zuri's face. 

"The router has been destroyed. All landlines have been cut off and the entire town is dead asleep. If this camp is in danger no one is coming to help us..." The woman looked around at the other kids in the room. "Come on... let's get to the infirmary. We have to stay together and fight back if were going to survive this."

"You've been through this before..." Zuri's vision was centered on the floor but she spoke directly to Gladys. "If my father was one of them maybe you are too." The little woman stood up and grabbed her journal walking out the door and down the length of the great lawn. Her expression changed when it dawned upon her. Griff's body was gone, in it's place was the rope and key from around his neck. 

She knelt down to scoop it up between her fingers eyeing the rusty silver and gold jagged teeth, the holes that looked like eyes carved into a skull with the thing rope pushed through one and out the other. Pulling up her hair she link the necklace dropping it to hang down on her chest. Looking out to the lake she took in a deep breath. This was going to be a long night.

Gasping for air and fighting against an invisible force Ravi flipped himself over on the bed ripping the needles from his veins and grabbing a hold of the heart monitor to chuck it across the room. It shattered against the wall and he drew in several hard and raspy breaths. Looking over he spotted a frightened Xander who had yet to remove himself from his seat next to Ravi's gurney. 

"You're awake." Xander could only whisper as he stared at Ravi's face. The burns had seemingly vanished, his skin was crystal clear. Clearer than usual considering only the creator of the universe knew what was in that lake. "And I'm cold as ice. Bring me a jacket i can't feel my arms." The tempo of his heart slowing to a gentle hum in his head. 

Xander shot up to walk across the room disappearing into the shadows of the infirmary. After a moment there was a loud crash. Ravi, with his back to the rest of the room, glared forward at the wall behind his bed. His fingers clutching the white sheets and his knees digging into the foam. He had sweat beading on his for head and his mind was hazy as he tried to grasp the reality of rising from the dead. 

He slid off the bed and sluggishly made his way across the room. He slipped, his arms reaching out to grab the wall a metal cart spilled over sending needles and liquid flying every which way. Stepping through the curtain into the next room he rested himself against the frame of the door to look around. His blurry vision centering on first; Xander only second did he notice the person holding onto Xander. 

The young man in the gown glared as he drew in another slow breath as he took a moment to recognize the face of his adopted mother. "Mrs. Ross." He cleared his throat. She only laughed. "Now Ravi... is that any way to say hello to your mom?" She asked as she followed his gaze to the scalpel she was holding to Xander's chiseled jaw line. 

There was a reason he and Emma shared the same vision of the world between life and death. It was this place. It was what interconnected them. This woman before him and her husband, who lay just beyond the exit of the infirmary dead out on the great lawn, had been training him all along. He was always curious as to why his mother had been so lenient when it came to him and his siblings. At first he thought it was a privilege of being rich but no. It was about how much they wanted them to be prepared for.

"You are no mother of mine... you are the unquenchable thirst of Yama's fiery pits of Naraka." Christina was shocked. Her son had been so quick to assume she was the bad guy. "I'm trying to protect you Ravi..." She whined as Xander drew in a quick breath feeling the tip of the blade in his neck. "From Emma's dumb boyfriend?"

"Dude..." He whimpered like Ravi's statement was more painful that the death that awaited him at the handle of her weapon. "No offense bro but her mind games encourage my honesty." His sinister tone was out of the ordinary. It's as though Ravi wasn't there anymore. Something wicked and angry stood in it's place. "Emma's dead." The lizard lover looked away catching a glimpse of Ms. Kippling's tale swivel behind one of the beams just outside. Ravi snickered as he looked back at the scene taking place before him. 

Two, confusion. 

When a killer wants someone out of their way, that insists on playing the hero, they share a little bit of the truth but they season it with the sweet taste of lies to disarm the innocent. "There is a secret society beneath this place." She warned. "People like Gladys and her daughter work for them. Lou..." She swatted the back of her victims head. "Xander here... they are evil baby. I'm just trying to protect you. Go find your sister..."

She let out a shrill scream as the water monitor bit into the flesh of her calf ripping muscle from bone. Xander slipped from her grip and darted for the door. Spinning on his heel and fighting through the agonizing vibration of his skull he picked up one of the needles lying on the ground and sent it flying to the woman's face. 

Holding her hands up to block it the needle sank into her wrists. She ripped it out and growled as she stumbled to hold on to the counter. "I don't think you understand Ravi... I don't think you know why you were created." A gun shot rang out and a bullet fell out of her forehead. 

Christina fell to her knees and behind her stood the grounds keeper in his underwear stab wounds and blood all over his surprisingly toned chest. "That woman tried to kill me." He sighed eyeing the lizard as she slithered away. "Thank the gods she didn't..." Ravi groaned as he followed his pet out onto the great lawn. What did she mean? Created for?