Passing Over

Most of the time a slasher has to be prepared for a plan to backfire. For example, if you were told only to kill councilors and your attempt to lock away all the campers until the night was over with failed leaving three Campers out in the open the first thing you need to do is make sure they get the hell out of the way.

You can get rid of innocent bystanders three different ways: 

One, Fear.

You could terrify them to the point of running. This is the easiest option but it only works if the person you are trying to frighten is easily frightened. You never know when they would fight back. 

Our killer had a taste for vengeance as he spotted Lou and Tiffany walking across the great lawn. They were headed towards the mess hall in search of Griff and Jorge. unfortunately for them the boys had headed back to grizzly cabin to get a few things that might help rescue the other campers, leaving them out in the open with no clue how close to death they actually were. 

Perfect timing. All he had to do was take out Lou and Tiffany would bolt for the trees never to return, if he was lucky. She could turn heel and make a dumb decision by running into one of the cabins to hide. 

The killer was tall, face covered with a shredded piece of thin light blue felt, wearing the grounds keeper's bloody clothes. In his hands he held a leaf blower from the barn out back, the contents of which held a deadly chemical. The same chemical found in the cupcake and layered out over the bars on the gate surrounding the camp's eatery. 

stepping out into view from the shadows of the trees and holding the weapon up to Lou's face who's eyes widened with fear, the killer laughed. You'd think she would scream but Lou is from the south. She doesn't back down to anyone; man, woman, child, invisible flying dragon, or a killer with an obsession with cupcakes. 

Her foot met the inside of her attacker's stomach and she sent him flying against the totem pole, his weapon flying through the air and landing on it's trigger to spray an unsuspecting Griff in the face. Lou cried out as she slammed into the killers chest with the brute force of her body crushing their rib-cage and causing them to make an awful crunching noise. 

Zuri ran up behind her to rip off the felt to reveal none other than Ravi, Zuri, and Emma's father as well as former councilor Mr. Morgan Ross. His eyes going dead as his youngest daughter whiteness life leaving her body. "I'm so sor-" Zuri's hand met the air to silence Lou. "Don't... this isn't over yet..." She looked over at Griff, probably her favorite person in this entire hell hole excuse for a summer camp. 

Walking over and kneeling down she noticed that he was reaching up to her. His mess of a face hadn't hindered his voice enough to keep him from telling her what she needed to hear. "I know... you don't trust..." He swallowed. "Me..." Placing the journal in her hand their eyes met. "But I trust you." Turning over the journal in her hand she read the name scribbled into the back. "Your mother's?" She looked to him as he nodded to confirm her question. 

"Kiki means... Machine." 

His head rolled over and one final breath escaped his lips. 

Rising, "Take me to my sister." Zuri looked away from the body of her friend. She didn't trust any of these losers. Especially not Emma but she needed to know. She needed to make sure no one else she loved was behind this. All she had to go on right now was her father's corpse and the locked journal in her hand. The key still around Griff's neck. 

Lou Jorge and Tiffany followed behind the girl as she made her way across the great lawn back towards wood chuck cabin. All of them looking over at the blood covered dog house just outside as they walked through the door to see Hazel standing above Emma with an IV drip bag.

"Ravi I feel weird." Emma spoke from her spot on the other side of the cooler. He rolled his head with very little effort to pop his eyebrows as his answer. "My body is tingling..." She looked down at her skinny jeans and yellow blouse that looked green in this lighting. "I feel that on my left hand." He assured her. "but just there... no where else." 

"It hurts." She whimpered. 

Ravi stood and cross the room to kneel before her. "It shouldn't..." He took her hands into his own examining her paler than usual flesh. "Unless..." His voice trailed off and concern centered in her mind as she pulled back from him. "Unless what?" She asked but he did not answer. "Unless what!" This time it was a demand.

"Someone is trying to kill you." 

"I thought the whole point of being here was that I was already dead." She jumped up. He only shook his head. "No... you're almost dead." He spoke from his crouched position on the floor looking up to her. She crossed her arms and walked to the other side of the room to look out the tiny window. "How do I go back?"

"You engage..." He kept his vision away from the door. For some reason he felt sincere about not giving in to Yama's game. Looking back at her younger brother she asked. "Why haven't you?" He didn't want to tell her, but there was a reason they were both in the same place. It wasn't a trial they both could win. It was a trial they could both lose. Only one person could survive an event like this he was certain of it. Even that was a gamble.

She met him on the floor. "You're a good person Ravi... even if you fail, which you never do, you will continue your ascend into the next realm of consciousness." He gave her a glare that startled her. "You have no clue what your talking about." He spat like she had disrespected him. "You think I don't know about heaven and hell... I may not be on board with the entire concept that christian's and Methodists and Catholics have but I do know that the universe is vast and beautiful." She took his hands into her own. "I see the universe when I look at you Ravi. I don't see eternal flame." 

She whimpered as a shock wave of pain flooded through her body. "Emma?" He cried out as she hit the cold hard floor of the cooler. Her body flickered in and out like a hologram. "It's too late for me Ravi... you have to save your baby sister." Her hand still in his he held on till the last second. "I pray you don't go to Naraka." He whispered as she faded out completely. 

Looking up to see his opponent he realized just how alone he was again. "Congratulation's Ravi... you can wake up now." His own voice out of his own body but it wasn't him. Yama had granted him another chance at life. The opponent disappeared and the door to the cooler opened once more. Ravi shut his eyes in anguish as he stood to his feet and sighed, walking out, making sure to shut the door behind him.