twenty-two

Chapter 22

ELLIOT

I run into the hospital with Ruby bleeding in my arms. I carried her in a bridal way which stained my shirt with her blood. It didn't matter to me because I didn't want her to die. It would be terrible for all of us. I yelled for help and the nurses came with an emergency bed and quickly took Ruby inside the operating room. My heart was beating fast. I felt like a wave of depression came to me with Ruby almost dying in my arms. She was bleed a lot from the stab that Caleb gave her.

I sat in the quiet lobby for minutes and minutes till Max and the others came urgently. I had my face covered with my hands and my hair was messy from running it through with my fingers.

"She's going to be okay, Elliot." Bella patted my pack. Max went to talk to the nurse for any news on Ruby. Now he seemed to take roll of a protective brother.

"What happened?" Eli asked me as he was sitting next to me.

"Caleb broke inside the house while Ruby was alone. He stabbed her and I found her in her room bleeding to death." I explained to him and all of them. Lynn shook her head with her mouth covered. Eli leaned back with shame in his eyes. Bella bites her lip and holds back the tears. Max came to us looking very sad and frantic.

"Doctor said she's gonna be okay. I just need to donate some of my blood." Max sits back down feeling a bit shaky. He doesn't say anything, but just stare at the white plainness wall. I was sitting back into my chair with blood all over me. I felt like I had just killed someone and their blood was all over me. Max looks at me, "You should go wash up, Elliot." His voice sounds broken and I knew he wanted to be alone.

Bella takes out her keys, "C'mon Elliot. I'll take you home." She offered with a sad smile. Her voice sounded thick that she wanted to burst out crying. I stand up and let her grab my hand which she always does.

I enter my house during a panic attack. Bella quietly enters behind me and closes the door softly. I went to the living room and scattered it for my gun. She just looked at me while I was angry. I threw all bunch of stuff to the wall.

"Elliot... calm down." Bella says in a sad tone. She has her bag hanging on a shoulder and she hold her keys. I gave her a crazy look. I continued everywhere in the search of my gun.

"Where is it?! Where's my gun, Bella?" I attacked her with questions. She begins to clean the mess that I'm doing and stops to look at me.

"Max has it. He figured without you wouldn't do anything stupid." She says in a light voice. I shake my head with a disgusted smile. Of course, Max would have it. He thinks the gun is my number one choice of weaponry. Everyone knows that Blood uses a knife all the damn fucking time. Bella after me as I threw stuff and she picked them up.

"I'm going to kill Caleb. Who does he think he is to almost kill my girlfriend?" I went to the kitchen and scattered through my cabinets. All I found was food, but not a damn weapon. I look at the remaining cabinet and found all the knifes. I grabbed the most beautiful knife and wield it.

"Elliot, control yourself." Bella seriously says. I turned around and saw that she wasn't afraid of me. She knew that I would harm her, because she was the remaining family I had. She came closer to me very a worried look and grabbed my hand that was holding the knife.

She looks down to it and sniffs her nose. Finally, out of a gentle touch I softly released the knife and dropped it on the floor. I hug Bella because a hug from her was all I needed right now. "She's going to be okay, Elliot." She whispered.

"I know."

Bella was always there for me in the right time and the right place. Right now, I didn't even know where Caleb was but I sure did want to kill him. I did a little promise to myself that Caleb was going to be my last kill.