seven

Chapter 7

ELLIOT

I entered the mansion and found Bella sitting on the grand staircase with a disappointed look. I guess, she found out already. Her hand was in her hair as it had the front strands pushed back together. She looked so angry, but she didn't have a saying. I stood in front of her. 

"I can't fucking believe you, Elliot." Her voice was a little raspy. 

"He hurt you, Bella. You knew I was going to do it." I tried to reason with her. 

She looked at me with hopeful eyes. "There could have been another way to make him pay, but killing him wasn't an option." 

"Yes, it was." I sternly told her. "Jason fucking hurt you, Bells. I'm not going to let a man hurt my only family member that I have alive. I need to protect us like I've always done. You're my family." By the end, I was practically begging her to understand me. 

She quickly stood on her feet to fight. "You're making a big mistake here, Elliot! You gotta stop killing people!" 

"I'm doing this for revenge. I want to kill everyone who has hurt  me  because they thought I was weak. You knew what I went through, Bella. You knew I was Blood from the beginning. You didn't say shit back then." 

"Because I didn't want you to get hurt. Please," She grabbed my hand with hers. "stop killing before everyone gets hurt. Forget about high school. Forget about what happened in the past. Please, Elliot." 

She was desperate for me. She wanted to save me, I couldn't blame her. I wanted to stop to, but I couldn't. My hands were already dirt enough to just stop. 

I looked down to the floor and shook my head. "You've always wanted me to be normal. You wanted for us to be normal or going back to living our old lives again." I whispered, "I can't go back to the way I was before. I'm clearly not normal and will never be." I got away from her. Bella was hurt from my words. Tears fell down to her cheeks. "I can never be normal, Bella. I'm sorry that I mess things up again for you." 

"Elliot..." 

I gave her a pained expression one last time before I walked out of the mansion, leaving her all alone. I heard her calling my name multiple of times, but I ignored her calls. 

Elliot having a family of his own? 

Elliot having a decent job? 

Elliot falling in love? 

Elliot growing old and becoming a grandfather?

Elliot trying so hard to be just like the others? 

I tried to be normal many times before and it lead me into trouble. The very first time, it lead into disastrous things. So I tried again and again and again, but now I had given up on it.

After all, I've been through, I was far from being normal.

I was walking right into the woods to relax. I had my favorite spot to sit down and watch the entire view of Dark Woods.

Cherry Blossom Hill.

No one knew about the place, except for me. I loved it because it was nice calming place. It was quiet. I loved silence. 

As I was getting there, I saw a girl standing there wearing her brown hood up. She stood near the edge of the hill to watch the beautiful view of the town. Memories of the past came to me for some reason.

What was a girl doing here at the secret place that I only knew about? Unless...

I leaned against the tree and the girl still didn't realize that she had company.  She turned around and took a step back because I had frightened her. I frightened too many people. 

Oh fuck.

"Elliot! You scared me!" She placed her small hand on her heart. Her big brown eyes were on me. Those brown eyes that I had seen many times before.

"Go away, Angel." I said in a monotone voice.

She slightly cocked her head to the side. "But why, I like it here?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"It's my secret spot. No one is supposed to know this place."

"I'm sorry. I found this spot one day while I was roaming around the woods." She placed her hands in her sweater's big pocket.  

"You were roaming around the woods alone?" I questioned her as I raised an eyebrow. I mentally shook my head at her. She was always so careless. I had hoped over time that she wouldn't so careless. I guess, it was a permanent characteristic. 

Ruby nodded her head like if there was nothing wrong with that. Of course, it was wrong. There was a killer on the fucking loose and she was making her an open target. She was very lucky that I was Blood. If it was some other crazy fucker, Little Ruby would have been murder by now. 

"The woods make me feel safe." She weakly stated. 

You've said that a millions of times... 

"God, you're so stupid, Angel." I rolled my eyes and landed on her. Like always, she frowned. "You think the woods are going to protect you from Blood?" 

"I'm sorry," She whispered as she looked down to her shoes. 

I sighed at the little five year old in front of me. She was actually eighteen, but she acted like a five year old. "Does Max know about this?" 

"No..." Oh great. Just fucking great. Kill me now please. Ruby's brown eyes snapped at me with fear. "Please, don't tell him! Max is going to yell at me. He says, I should be more careful and more aware of my surroundings." 

An evil smirk appeared on my lips. "Of course, I won't tell him, Angel. This will be our little secret." It was all a lie or was it? I could tell Max and let her get in trouble. But today, I was feeling a bit generous. I sat down in front of the tree since there was no bench here. "Sit next to me, Angel." 

Ruby did was what told and sat next to me. I pull her close and placed an arm around her shoulder. I hated the feeling but it felt right. It always felt right. I knew she felt the same thing because the many events that happened in the past. 

The cherry blossom leaves flew with the direction of the breeze. I had my girl next to me and the sun was just about to set down. This would be a nice place for a bench. That's when I came up with the idea of the famous bench. 

Who knew that bench would last for many years?