21.5

CHAPTER 21.5

Elliot

It was a boring day in the Summer's household. Bella had her legs spread out with them laying on Max's laps. Lauren and Eli were on their phones without even glacing at each other. Lynn was laying on the cream colored carpet while throwing and catching a ball in the air. She held a bored expression every time she would catch the ball. Ruby was sitting next to me while watching the boring movie that I didn't know it's name. It just bored the hell out of me. It made me want to go on a killing spree.

"Oh my god, you guys!" Lynn sits up with groaning. Our eyes landed on her, "We need to something fun!" She expanded her arms.

"Well Lynn, what would you like to do?" Eli puts his phone away in his pocket. Lynn puts on a thinking expression and her face brightens as she got an idea.

"Why don't we go to Ms. Ann for a fortune telling?" She suggested.

"I hear she's good." Ruby nodded and quickly added.

"Same." Lauren added. Eli took his car keys out and stood up, "C'mon guys. Let's go to Ms. Ann!" He cheerfully says. We all got up and exited the house. Max lock the house while we got in the SUV of Eli. Ruby and I sat in the far edge of the van alone.

We enter the little magic shop of Ms. Ann's that was so famous in Dark Woods. It had spelling books from weird potions and other stuff that I didn't recognize. No one was on the cashier which made it a bit weird enough. The others were just exploring the store while I was with Ruby.

"Elliot look!" She pointed at the diamond sword that was on displayed. I was amazed by it...a little. "It's nice." I paid very little attention it. There from the back came out a young boy looking around his 17's. He carried two looking heavy boxes without a sweat or pain in his face. He sets them in the corner of the store.

"Um, hey!" Ruby greeted him. He turns around to face her. His eyes were immediately turn wide once he sees her. He quickly runs to the back with a horror face.

"Don't worry, you didn't scare him off." Max assure her with a smile. We were all standing in the middle of the store now. The light comes down to Ruby, Eli, Lynn, and Lauren. Max, Bella, and I, were standing on the side where there was no light. The young boy comes out with the famous Ms. Ann.

She looked around her mid-30's. She wore her long brown hair in a tight bun. She wore a skirt that went down to the floor with a cardigan. She didn't look mystical just like I would imagine. She came closer to Ruby with a smile that would show her wrinkles a little. Her eyes gleamed with brightness once she saw Ruby.

"My, my, my, if it isn't Shelby Sunny Casteel." Ms. Ann ticks. Ruby gave her a confused face once she said a name that wasn't even closed to hers.

"That's not my name-"

"Oh hush! That will be your name in your next life, sweety." She smirks. Charlie stood in front of the cashier reading a book that seemed interesting.

"My next life?"

Ms. Ann nods, "Oh yes! You will be a grand legend and so will they." She points at all of us.

"The demon prince." She points to me.

"The rare kind demon princess." She points to Bella.

"The general of the dark world army." She points to Max.

"The legendary heroes!" She points to the others that were in the middle. In a flash, Lauren holds Eli's hand with fear. I saw something in Ruby that only appeared to me for some reason. I saw the hidden determine and courageous girl that remained inside of Ruby. Usually Ruby was scared and almost weak.

Ms. Ann grabs Ruby's small hand and looks at it for a second. Her eyes shifted up to Ruby's, "I believe...we will see each other very often in your next life. My dear girl, be careful with danger is coming very soon in this life. Cherish the moments you have with him in this life." She nodded with slowly. Ms. Ann looked at me and signals me to come closer to her. I did and wrapped my arms around Ruby and kissed her forehead. Ruby looked up to me with sad eyes.

"Don't worry, you'll see him again in your next life. You guys connect a piece of each other's life which makes you come together in every life you had. He may be a killer, but he will make you proud somehow. Even if he will not be with you in this life, you will see him again when you're much older but in a different form." She told Ruby with a serious soft voice.

That's when I knew that Ms. Ann had powers, because she knew what my plan was. She knew how everything would end and the pain that Ruby will have sooner or later.