Chapter 9

Yannis POV

I squinted my eyes at the very chaotic picture and contemplates what the idea of war was like back then, as Potato Sacks was telling the tale of his story to April. I scoffed.

"Ninth century Japan... and evil warlord ruled the land. He poisoned the water supply, bringing on the dark ages. Death and disease and suffering ran rampant. Not unlike the Foot Clan and what they'd like to do to our city..." Eric mentions walking around.

"Then one day, a hero arose. A great alchemist discovered the antidote to the warlord's poison. The cure all... For his evil " Eric says and I furrowed my brows.

"Your father and I were trying to recreate the cure all. We developed a mutagen capable of stimulating self repair on cellular level " Eric finishes still looking at April. And yet, Why do I smell fish?... I cross my arms and just observes them cautiously.

"Imagine New York City, being victim to a chemical attack. This mutagen would be able to reverse its effects. It would save the city, it would save the people. Those test subjects, those turtles... running in their bloods the last of this precious mutagen. And up until a few months ago, I thought we failed. I thought they died in the fire... how... how could they have lo lived?" He asked us, but I just kept silent and look away.
I ain't tellin this guy guy nothin.

"Because we saved them..." April answered. Oh...boy.. I sighed and in impatiently scratch my hair.

"Of course you did... April, Yannis... The mutagen possesses powers beyond our wildest hopes. Whatever resources you need, I'm here..." He hands out his business card to her, as she slowly reach in an took it.

"Let's work together. We'll find them. The course of human history may depend on it-" finally bursting out of my bubble I approach them.

"Alright! Alright! Break it up, break it up-"

"Yannis-"

"Its really nice seeing you again Professor Potato~ and thanks a lot for all of the... stories. But, I need to go somewhere right now-"

"Yan, what are you doing-" just like that I clamed her mouth shut, head locking her with my other arm and laughed cheekily.

"And I need this fella here, to give a free ride so~ we'll be going now... like now... Chao!" I hauled the still struggling April to the exit as Eric just stared at us, stupefied.

"It was nice meeting with you again Mr. Sacks and thanks for the opportunity, byee!" A said one last time before I rushed us off the building.

________

"What were we searching for again?" I ask looking up from her notebook.

"..." April ignored me as she concentrated on her laptop and was typing away a few sentences, searching for any sign of clues or hints about some recent news.

"Found anything yet?" I put aside the notes and approach her.

"..."

She still kept her eyes of the computer screen as her fingers were tapping the keyboard keys furiously.

"Anything at all?"

"..."

"Are really going to ignore me?"

"..."

"Are you still mad at me?"

"..."

"Can I go get a slushie?"