Chapter 7

Third POV

"Mr. Sacks, what sort of experiments are you doing here?" April asked while Yannis stood on the side, looking away and moved towards the cages and sat next to a rat's cage."

"Oh that's very complicated question. We're trying to change the world." He rowdies, April runs to the glass tank and pointed the camera at the baby turtles and points out at each at them.

"Look at the camera~" she chirped before turning the camera to a brown rat, who Yannis was patting.

"Hello Splinter." She zooms into him.

⏮      ◾      ⏭

The video stops there and both of them looked at one another.

"I was the weird one am I?" Yannis points at herself, and April giggles a bit.

"Its not that bad..."

"Typical me..." Yannis sigh in shame, shaking her head. Fetching another tape, she replaced the video and plays it.

⏮     ||     ⏭

"And these are our little turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello. The fans want to see you!" April announced cheerfully, taking the camera into a closer view. Yannis too took a closer look but they moved back a bit, when one of them actually bumps onto the tank and cracked the glass.

⏮      ▶      ⏭

"I knew it... The vigilante, I saw him, we-we saw them! We saw them Yannis! We, saw them! And we've known them since we were little girls Yan... They were our pets remember? They were our childhood pets, and they were named after Italian Renaissance painters. Its what brought all of us close! She pants, gasping for air looking at the distracted Yannis who was checking on her nails.

"Huh- wha-what did you say? I wasn't listening just now?" She sheepishly replies and April face palms in frustration.

"We know them... Yan."

"We do?" Yannis ask again.

"Yes! We do. And this would explain everything! WE have to pin everything together Yannis!" She grabs onto her friends shoulders desperately.

"Because... They're alive!" Her eyes was filled excitement as her friend took a few steps back and crossed her arms.

"Fine... By... Me... But," Yannis's lips straighten.

"I ain't cleaning up any of these mess."

________

Yannis POV

"Hand me those photos!" April orders, I do as she said reluctantly before slumping down onto a nearby seat. Yawning, I stretched my limbs out. I was about to relax when I felt a pair of eyes, burning holes at the back of my head. Gulp

Turning the chair around, I saw a stern looking April staring down at me. "What?" I question sleepily and she points out the door.

"Do I really have to?" I whimpered, while she just stood her ground and raised a brow. We stared at one another intensely.

"Ugh... Fine." I finally gave up at the staring contest, when my eyes starts to dry up like the Sahara.

Sooner or later, I managed to fetch the witty, middle age woman into the office and just like that I plopped myself down on a yellow sofa.

"O'Neil. Alright what's so important, that your friend had to drag me here?" Bernadette ask, as April set her marker down and walk up to her.

Scratching onto her messy bed of hair she ask, "Okay. Are you ready?" And she nods.

"Yeah."

"Okay you know how I saw the vigilante..."

"Yeah,"

"But I had no photos or evidence to show you, so we both just sounded crazy."

"Don't drag me into this one!" I informed from across the room raising my arm lazily.

"Yes." Bernadette turn to April again.

"Okay but... We saw him again."

"Them!" I corrected her.

"Yes, them again. There's four. Not just one, there's four." She explains quickly.

"And we were standing as close to them as you are to me right now..." April says and Bernadette nodded.

"What'd they look like?" She ask.

"I'll show you," April continues traveling up towards the white board and point out a turtle photo stuck to it.

"What?"

"Like this..."

"Like turtles?" She questions in disbelief.

"Well they don't look like turtles, because they are... Turtles. They're over six feet tall and they speak English." She panted after the explanation as Bernadette shakes her head slowly.

"Oh my god..."

Scratching her head again, she continues "Look, we were awake all night, please look... We were all night googling all the thwarted crimes over the past three months and this symbol... Appears at every single one... Every single one of them."

"Look, this one. Here, here, here, here, here... And it's an ancient Japanese symbol that means 'together'-"

"Family-" I corrected again.

"Yes, family. It means 'family'" and she starts to frantically look everywhere.

"Wait it's on my laptop..."

"I can't believe you brought me in to do this!" Bernadette speaks up.

"Me neither!"

April then proceeded to open her laptop, trying to find some in information.

"It's here It's here... this is my father's lab... Its the same lab where these things were born, created or-"

"Mutated!"

"Yeah, whatever you wanna call it, or I don't know the terminology, but will you please just look at what I'm showing you and listen to me. Its all connected. The turtles are vigilantes a d the vigilantes are these turtles." She press the play button, and the video loaded.

⏮     ||     ⏭

"Pizza has cheese, tomato sauce all you favorite stuff." April says feeding the baby turtles a piece of pizza, while holding the camera.

"Can I have some of that too?" Yannis chime in in the background.

"They're for the turtles Yannis..."

"Okay..." she sadly said.

"Eat it. You guys need nutrition. Or not-"

⏮      ▶      ⏭

"I just want to be clear..." Bernadette closes the laptop, looking at April.

"You guys are now telling me that there are four six foot talking turtles walking around New York City, and no one had seen them but you two?" She questions and she nodded.

"That-that's what we're telling you." She says and the woman shook her head before face palming.

"I don't mean to laugh, but is there anything ELSE we should know about them?"

"They're ninjas..." April replied hesitantly and Bernadette looks up.

"I'm sorry what?"

"And they do karate..."

"Okay..." she sigh in annoyance, and I look at their direction.

"Just, GET OUT."