Chapter 3

Third POV

"Ahh~" Yannis sip on her milkshake and relaxing, she leans onto the building's wall. Raising her cup again, she misses her second sip, when she felt like she was floating. "Am I...flying?"

"Come on, Yannis!" April ran inside the building dragging her trusty friend along, who's hand was now empty. An imaginary tear left her right eye as her milkshake fell further and further away. "I'll never forget you..."

Sprinting up the stairway, they finally arrived at the very top floor and April went ahead first, up to a middle age woman busy talking to the nearby employees . Dejectedly following her friend, everyone's as well was threaded behind April's desperate state.

"Oh! O'Neil, I'll talk to you in a minute," a middle age black woman spoke up while April stops her from going any further.

"I know that I'm actually overstepping my boundaries by being here, but I think that you're gonna..." She stops, before going up front as Bernadette raised her brow at her.

"I-I actually think that you're all gonna want to hear what I have to say..." She announced in front of the writing crew. While Yannis went to stand besides Vernon who was surprise at their sudden arrival. Vernon gave her a questioning look. Yannis just shrugged, still feeling pretty dejected at the thought of her previously precious "Loss".

"Umm, my friend and I..." She starts off by pointing at Yannis, which caused everyone's gaze to her.

"What?" Realizing the attention was on her, she questioned which everyone turn back to avoid her hard gaze.

Clearing her throat April continued,"Okay um... We had witnessed an attempt Foot Clan robbery at the docks in Brooklyn, last night."

"Hold on, the scanner said that gunshot were heard, but there were no report of any Foot Clan activity." A man spoke up and April turn to Yannis, giving her a determined look.

Finally giving up, she just shook her head and sigh before moving forward. "That my friend, was because whatever they attempting to do... Was stopped."

"What were you two doing in Brooklyn anyway? Was there a trampoline convention?" The man ask, earning chuckles from everyone else as Yannis scoffed, while Vernon gave a him a look.

"We were in Brooklyn because I was reporting, not sitting behind our desks, McNaughton. While I was helping out in the other hand." She shot back, as Bernadette walked up to the group.

"Okay, kids! Who stopped it?" She asks us and April hesitated.

"Well, there was this guy. I didn't see him clearly, but he was swinging... These giant shipping containers and knocking these guys into the river...into the river. There is a vigilante that is fighting back against the Foot Clan. There's your huge story there!" April exclaimed.

"Listen... O'neil and who ever you are." The same man spoke up.

"I think you guys found Superman. That's cool." He says causing everyone to laugh, Yannis rubbed her temple and groan, before nudging April.

"The vigilante is real. I saw him, we saw him." April points out at the both of us and says trying to back up until Bernadette walks up to us.

"Okay, ladies I'm just gonna assume that you would not come up here and tell us this fantastic somebody without some tangible proof," She explains, while April opens up her photo folder to quickly check through it. Fishing out the one with the symbol written on it.

"He-here I took this photo of one of the shipping containers. I actually think that it may be his calling card." April stated showing the skeptical woman. Bernadette chuckles lightly.