Chapter 13

Day two.

The plans for today: Get at least a peck from Phoenix in public. Don't get caught by Ryder.

Last night when there was only a few people hanging around, a kiss would have made no difference to anyone, maybe a little to my emotional status but not to my rite of passage.

So far all I had managed to do was to shower and get dressed for the day. Getting dressed took more effort than I thought. I felt guilty. I have an overactive conscience and I hate it. I dressed simple for the day, wearing skinny jeans and a long sleeves, purple and blue striped tee. Nothing special. I wore minimal make up because quite frankly I was too lazy to spend ages putting on any more war paint than what I was wearing.

I made my way down the hall. Aria hadn't gotten back until around 4 and it was 7 now. She was still sleeping when I left, whereas I couldn't get back to sleep this morning and decided it would be best if I just got the hell up and started doing something. So the decision I made was to go down and check the board. There had to be something interesting on that thing, something that wouldn't scar me for life.

The big board was covered in paper. The bottom layer consisted of merely the sleeping arrangements which were no longer relevant as we all knew where we were sleeping and had been for the past two nights. There was a torn piece of paper that said movie night at the top but that was the only bit that remained. Either Kevin or someone who shared his anger had torn it down. I wouldn't expect anything less. It gives me a little faith in my senior class.

There was a red piece of paper on the top which I guessed was the most recent considering the right corner overlapped the 'M' from the ripped page. It read; 'Apologies to all participants. We understand that all those who witnessed last night’s film were uncomfortable in doing so. As an apology for this action we will be hosting a proper movie night tomorrow night. There will be different films available and a times list to follow.' I sighed. That was the best we were getting. I'm sure most of the apology was for Kevin after how he reacted last night but it was good to receive an apology even if it wasn't so heartfelt or in person, from any senior never mind those directly involved with the torture.

I made my way in the opposite direction. We weren't supposed to step foot in the kitchen from what I heard but breakfast wasn't served until 10 and even then those who were cooking didn't show up until after 8 o'clock, but I was hungry now! I could not wait another 3 hours for food! I stayed quiet and grabbed a bottle of water and made toast as fast as the toaster would work and sneaked out of the backdoor before anyone could catch sight of my Ethan Hunt impression.

"Terra?" I froze with my piece of toast hanging out my mouth, my juice under my arms and my hand on the door knob. Hand in the cookie jar - caught. Oh wait, never mind. Phoenix, he doesn't count.

"What are you doing up?" I asked after gulping down my mouthful of roasted bread. "Weren't you guys out late?" I began working towards finishing off my toast. I was starving.

"We were." He confirmed. "I was just about to go my morning run. Want to come?"

"There's something you should know about me." Phoenix took a step forward, sensing the serious change in mood. "I don't run." Phoenix left giving me a soft, joking punch on my bicep.