Chapter 2

"This place is nice." Aria smiled with admiration as she walked though the door in front of me. Arias strange to say the least. It's obvious by Ryder's mode of transportation that her family have money but she doesn't care. My family aren't as lucky and I had been saving up since I was nine for a car to pay half the cost with the other half being paid out of money my dad saved for me. But Aria is much more simplistic than her brother. Sure, her rooms huge and decorated exactly the way she likes it (purple) but she's just as happy with the less flashy stuff.

She's still not down from her high. I think she's smoking something. No one can be that happy and not be high... or a yoga freak. Well, there was this one time she sat trying to meditate. Something about becoming one with the world? In the end her face just became one with my pillow. That day was very much wasted.

The room wasn't that bad. Much better than the expectations I'd originally had. White walls that were purely that colour, rather spacious, a spectacular view of the lake and surrounding woodland, plus an en suite bathroom that could be seen through it's open door.

There was just one teeny tiny little detail...

"There's three beds" I flatly stated. They were already made up but one too many seems like a bad sign. Is it just me who thinks that? If there's three beds and two of us, that means there's going to be a third person, doesn't it? Like this week couldn't get any worse, now were bunking with someone else? We can't even go full freak up here and freaking is what we do best but more privately.

"Negativity." she sang with her fingers in her ears and eyes squeezed shut. What a child. Just ten minutes ago she was all hyped up about almost being seniors. She sure doesn't act like it. What help is closing her eyes going to do? Plugging her ears makes sense, that way she doesn't hear me, but how is not seeing me going to help? Oh god Aria truly is something, not sure what, but something nonetheless.

I rolled my eyes at my best friends typical behaviour. Yes, this is her usual mental state.

"No Aria, there's three beds and two of us. Did you check if there was a third person in this room?" Some times I am the only voice of reason and that's saying something.

"I just figured it was pairs." she shrugged. Her expression was completely care free. You'd think butter didn't melt in her mouth.

"I don't think that's the case."

"so what we've got another room mate. It's not like my brother will be sleeping in here." she scoffed. There was a slight look of distaste that washed across her face. It would be pretty bad. I've seen that boys room and unless someone cleans it for him it's a total pig sty. Doesn't smell much better either. Some people could peg that as being stereotypical about guys but he seriously lives up to it.

A knock came from the door that got both Aria and I's attention. Maybe it's our roommate?

"you better be right because if Ryder's behind this door holding his suitcase, I might just punch him."

She laughed a little but I knew she secretly hoped he was standing on the other side so he'd get hit in the face. It's unbelievable how much she hates him. There's not even a reason for it. She always says he annoys her but I never see them talk at school and they hardly even make eye contact at home.

Shockingly, I was right. When I swung open the bedroom door Ryder was standing on the other side. His hair was still in it's usual immaculate state with not a hair out of place and his sunglasses were hooked onto his shirt as he leaned against the doorframe with his right arm. His dark brown eyes rested on me and that lazy smile, but I suppose some people may consider it a smirk, spread across his face.