[86] BUCKY BARNES

sorry for posting so many bucky barnes one-shots(not really sorry, i love bucky with all my heart)but this one was inspired by 'run boy run' by woodkidwhen i was listening to it

(not really sorry, i love bucky with all my heart)
but this one was inspired by 'run boy run' by woodkid
when i was listening to it. enjoy ~

warning — its a bit lengthy !

bucky and you ran like hell.

your lungs screamed for you to stop but you kept pushing yourself. gunshots rang out and your nearly slipped in the snow when a few pelleted around you and hit the surrounding forest trees.

bucky took a quick glance behind you before continuing forward. the both of you escaped the hydra base and were in pursuit of losing the agents following on your trail.

you nearly collided into bucky when he stopped. opening your mouth to ask why you stopped, but you saw the ground dip into a slope before levelling out.

your E/C eyes lifted, surveying the land and noticing it dip a second time in the distance.

bucky grabbed your hand, ❝together?❞

you squeezed it with a smile. ❝together.❞

the both of you stepped forward, balancing on your feet as you slid down the slopped land. your linked hands slipped and you nearly tumbled.

you hit the ground and a hand shot into your view.

bucky.

before you could breathe, you slapped your hand into his and he hauled you to your feet. you both sprinted off.

❝if we can get to the clearing of the trees, we're free!❞ bucky shouted over the noise of the hydra agents and their bullets.

you nodded, even though he didn't see it.

when you neared the second slope, you started to smile. you were nearly there. the clearing was at the bottom of the slope and then you and bucky could—

suddenly, you screamed in pain and fell to the ground harshly.

bucky skidded to a stop, whirling around with wide eyes. ❝Y/N!❞

hissing in pain, you saw a bullet would in the middle of your calf. clutching the hole, blood started seeping through your fingers. when bucky approached, you swatted him away.

❝bucky, you have to go!❞

he glared at you. ❝like hell i'm leaving you to get captured. now get off your ass and move it!❞ reaching down, he pulled you up.

you smiled sadly at him, already regretting your decision.

❝you're stupid, you know that?❞

bucky opened his mouth to protest when you leaned in and kissed him. after a moment, he returned the kiss. in this position, you reached over and yanked his gun from the backside of his belt.

placing your other hand on his chest, you shoved him.

bucky tipped backwards, shouting at you before rolling down the slope.

peering down at him, you shouted for him to leave and be free before turning to the approaching agents. ❝over here, you assholes! come and get me!❞

bucky watched in complete horror as you fired a few rounds before running (and limping) off, out of view.