[34] TONY STARK

tony sighed, looking over another suit that he created at two in the morning

tony sighed, looking over another suit that he created at two in the morning. his eyes burned with tiredness, but he fought through it, needing to get this suit perfect.

rubbing his eyes for the umpteenth time, he turned and unexpectedly knocking into a table, knocking down various metal tools and pieces, even smashing one of your favourite coffee cups that he used.

tony sighed, beginning to pick up the items. when he finished with his tools and the pieces for his suit, he reached for the mug, frowning at the broken glass.

placing it all on the table, he stood.

you entered his shop, waiting until he turned around. once he did, he stopped in his tracks, widening his eyes. ❝Y/N, what are you doing up?❞

❝i could ask you the same thing...❞ you said with a slight frown, walking up to him. he sat down on a nearby chair, sighing heavily. placing yourself between his legs, you gently cradled the sides of his face.

❝come back to bed, love.❞

tony sighed, placing his head on your chest. you placed your head on top of his, gently running your hands through his short brown locks. ❝okay, darling.❞

you smiled, taking his hand and making him stand. he smiled back at you, lucky to have someone like you. cleaning down his head, he pressed his lips to yours lovingly.

❝sorry about your mug, by the way. i'll buy you a new one.❞

(author's note)

just to let you know, i'm changing the layout of this book, and including the dialogue in the one-shot instead of at the end.

also, this is in honour of robert's 53rd birthday! (april 4th, 1965)

happy birthday rdj!