Chapter Five

hi hey hello, here's chapter 5! i'm so sorry i haven't updated in a while, school is consuming my life and i get so tired and lazy and then i come up w/ excuses and ugh. i'm sorry, but here's an update for y'all, i hope you enjoy(:

DISCLAIMER- i own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, management, etc. and any similarities to a particular event are purely coincidental.

-----

The summer had dragged on, and now Harry and Louis had been together for a month. It just still didn't seem real. But every day made them stronger.

Louis was surprised that Harry hadn't gotten tired of him and his constant rambling about comic books or movies yet.

"I'll never be tired of you," Harry had simply replied when they'd talked about it. "By the way, do you have any bananas?"

Louis just chuckled. "Um, I think so? Hold on, let me go and check, monkey boy." He pressed a soft kiss to his boyfriend's curls and walked off towards the kitchen.

While Louis was searching for what seemed to be Harry's favorite food, Harry said something that made him stop in his tracks.

"I think we should tell people about us."

Eight words. Those eight words that had just come out of Harry's mouth made Louis turn around and stare blankly at his boyfriend.

He actually had intended on keeping his relationship with Harry a secret from his family for a while, just because he wanted to determine for himself if things would work out before he got them all excited about him having a boyfriend.

So far, things were working out and both boys really liked each other. And they would have to start telling people soon.

Louis couldn't keep lying to Jay and telling her that the reason he lit up every time he got a text was because of a comic book subscription notification, or Amy texted him about something "nerd-related."

And Harry, now it was a bit harder for him because he had a lot more people watching him and surveying his life than Louis did.

He couldn't keep lying to Zayn and saying that the reason he was acting so 'lovey dovey and weird' (Zayn's words) and singing a lot more lately was because he just really liked Heather Banks. He just couldn't.

If it was completely up to Harry, he would've just told everyone the truth a while ago. He told himself that there was absolutely nothing to be ashamed of; he really liked Louis. And yes, it was going to be weird to tell all his friends he was in love with a boy, but it's what he had to do.

Harry couldn't let his life go by letting people think he was attracted to girls, it just wasn't fair. He cared about his boyfriend too much to keep them a secret, he didn't want to hide anymore.

He just hoped Louis felt the same way.

----

(time skip, 2 days later)

After a long talk, Harry and Louis had finally decided to tell their friends and family about their relationship.

It wasn't going to be easy, but they needed to do it, because the way the felt about each other didn't deserve to be hidden. They didn't deserve having to hide who they were or the fact that they were crazy about each other, so they were coming clean.

If people didn't agree with it, then they didn't have a place in their lives anyway. But obviously Harry and Louis hoped for the best.

---