Chapter Thirty Nine

Hey friends!! Here's an update for you, enjoy :)

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, management, etc in any way. This is a work of fiction and I am not making any profit off of it.

---

"First day of uni," Harry grinned as he packed up his book bag. Since getting out of the military, he'd decided to go to school to study photography, one of his passions.

Louis smiled. "I'm really proud of you for doing this-you didn't have to go back to school."

"True, but I wanted to. So that I can hopefully get a good job doing something I love and also I can be with the person I love even more," Harry explained. He'd decided to do a late enrollment at Syrestone, the university Louis was currently attending so that they could be together.

Louis blushed. "Oh, stop. Hurry up and get your stuff, baby. I made you some breakfast."

Harry's green eyes lit up as he ran to the kitchen (he'd been staying at Louis' apartment for the past few days) and his mouth began to water at the sight of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and toast.

"You're too good to me," He said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's waist and kissing him. "Thank you, love."

"Don't mention it, babe. But you have to load the dishwasher tonight," he replied with a wink. He then took a bite of toast and grabbed his own things, heading towards the door.

"My class starts in 15, then I work until 7 tonight. I'll bring dinner home, though," Louis said as he put on his jacket.

Harry shook his head. "No, don't worry about it-I've got dinner. Chinese take out from Choi's, maybe?"

"Sure, only if you order-"

"Chicken lo mein with vegetable soup and egg rolls," Harry replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You know me so well," Louis smiled. "Okay, well I'd better run. See you tonight, babe. Love you!"

Harry blew him a kiss, waving before he left, shutting the door behind him.

Harry's class didn't start for another 45 minutes or so, so he finished his breakfast before cleaning up a bit and then daydreaming.

He wondered if it was going to be like this for the rest of his life. He hoped it would; with him and Louis being the happy married couple with a beautiful home and nice things that they could enjoy because they'd worked hard for them. He imagined them cooking together and having playful arguments about who's turn it was to take out the garbage or just sitting at the table talking about how each other's day went; what stressed them out, what made them laugh, anything.

And then, maybe one day far down the road, they'd have kids. Cute little kiddos running around the house, their footsteps paddling across the floor, colorful handprint pictures taped to the fridge, family movie night, bedtime stories; he wanted it all.

It was always one of Harry's dreams to become a father when he was old enough and ready. He knew that there was no one in this world that he'd rather raise a family with than Louis, and he hoped one day that his dream would become a reality.

Before he knew it, it was time to go.

He grabbed his stuff and made his way out of the apartment, making sure to lock the door. He tucked the spare key in his wallet and headed off, nervous and excited for his first day of university.

---

(Later that night)

"...So, how was your first day of college?" Lauren asked over Skype.