Damon's POV

I looked up in disbelief. It was her. What was Katherine doing protecting him. Matt killed Elena. She couldn't be alive.

"Elena?" I asked reaching my hand up and touching her face.

"Yeah its me." She said.

I flipped us around and started kissing her. I could tell she was struggling, well maybe it was me since it took every inch of strength in me to keep her down and locked in the kiss.

"Damon get off her!" Matt shouted.

As I was distracted by him, Elena took the chance and threw me off her. She stood up in a fighting stance. She was growling.

Damnsheishotwhenshegrowls! I thought.

"Woah Elena calm down!" Matt said getting in the middle of us.

He went up to her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Elena calm down, you don't want to hurt him."

"Matt your alive!" She said wrapping her arms around him.

I could tell that they needed a moment of quiet. He wrapped his arms around her. I felt some sort of pang in my heart. But then I remembered that she only loved him as a brother.

I love her, but she told me it would always be Stefan. She told me she chose me but she struggled against the kiss. Is she starting to remember the things I compelled her to forget? 

If that was the case, I was screwed.